How Low Can You Go

Thank You + Summer Challenge Week 12

>> Friday, August 13, 2010

First of all, thank you so much for all your well wishes on my birthday. I guess I never really thought of myself as special for travelling to all those places I listed, but in reading your comments I realize that I am truly blessed to have seen and experienced places in the world that many will only see through the eyes of others.

 Yesterday was a great day!  I got a massage, had breakfast with a friend and dinner with the family. When I got home I was greeted by this:

An Edible Arrangement!

Sent to me by one of my best friends!  I was so surprised!  I have only tried these at school when a parent has purchased one for the staff.  There were chocolate covered strawberries, cantaloupe, pineapple and melon.  Can you see the 30 cut out of pineapple on the top?  So creative.

A touching note was also included:

Dear Haneefa,
Just a little something to brighten your special birthday!  Hope you enjoy your day.  You are such a kind person and really deserve all that you dream of.  Your friendship means alot to me and I am grateful to have you in my life.
Love, A

I could not thank her enough for this fantastic gift.  I am so blessed to have wonderful friends.


Yesterday, I weighted myself, because I knew that I was going to be celebrating my bday, so this number is YESTERDAY'S weight, is that cheating?  Maybe, but it makes me feel better and that is what counts right?

209.6
Wow!  A new low!  What a wonderful birthday present.  This puts me at an total loss of 62.2!  EXCELLENT!
Can I just add that restaurants are trying to keep us fat?  We went out to eat yesterday to this ribs restaurant and the ribs come with either french fries, baked potato or mashed potatoes.  I ask for vegetables, waiter says it will be 2$ more.  My mom asks for a salad instead of a soup, waited says 5$ more, but I can give it to you for 2$.  WHY??????
I am heading to a bachelorette party tomorrow, for the wedding that I am going to at the beginning of Sept.  We are going to be doing pole dancing lessons!  Woooohoooo!

6 comments:

ERICA August 13, 2010 at 11:37 AM  

Congrats on your loss and a late happy birthday! Also I heard pole dancing is a great workout. Carmen Electra has a video right? So that can totally count as your workout haha. Have a great night

Carolyn & Gina - Two Fat Girls on A Mission August 13, 2010 at 11:08 PM  

Happy Birthday! You are very inspiring! Here i am now 33 and still lose weight is at the top of my list. I vowed with a pal to do it together! I think you are doing so great, and isn't blogging so therapeutic and motivating? Keep up the great enteries, and good luck! I am really enjoying reading!

erica August 14, 2010 at 9:49 AM  

Yum!!! I love flower bouquets!

xo

Gorgeous Puddin August 14, 2010 at 9:40 PM  

Congrats on your loss! Those fruit arrangements are so creative. You have a good friend who kept it healthy and yummy!

purple_moonflower August 15, 2010 at 8:50 PM  

Happy belated birthday and happy loss!! Woo!! I love those edible arrangements! Looks so good!

Anonymous,  August 16, 2010 at 8:45 AM  

Woohoo 209!! That was a great birthday surprise! Congrats to you!! Oh and I love edible arrangments.. for me.. they are somuch better than flowers. Enjoy!

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Line!

Powered by Blogger.

Designed By Diamond Jenrette at Diamant Interactive Studio 2010. Template by OurBloggerTemplates