How Low Can You Go

Fustrations

>> Saturday, August 7, 2010

The scale is going in the wrong direction and it is getting on my nerves.  I really need to get my act together.  I will not be having this, it is not acceptable, on any level.  I can't seem to get back into the swing of things, what is wrong with me?  I have worked really hard to get here, but I cannot seem to saw no to treats.  Chips and salsa, candies, desserts, they keep calling my name.  It is hard also knowing that my birthday is coming up.  Last year I did not have a birthday cake and I think that I will do the same this year.  Cake is my weakness and if it is there I feel like I must eat it all.  I refuse to let my hard word go into the garbage.  I have my eyes on attaining my goal weight by Feb/March for Trinidad. 40 pounds in 6 months is very doable.  I am scared because I am going back to work soon and it is very hard for me to stay on track at work because there are so many temptations,but I am going to give 150% in the next few months.  I want this more than anything and I know that I can do it.

  Now that I have that off my chest, any of you who have lost weight maybe you can relate to this.  Do you have friends, who now that you have lost weight, make comments that you find semi inappropriate?  For example, when I showed my friend Caribana pics, she made it seem as if I looked better than she expected.  Maybe I am just looking into this too much....

Tomorrow is my second 5K race and I am as ready as I could be, this time around I feel as if I did not train as hard as for the first one, so we will have to see how I do time wise.

I ran my 8K yesterday, it took alot of self pushing, but it really wasn't as bad as the 5K the day before.  I felt much better.  The only thing was after the run I felt very nauseous, does this happen to anyone else after a long run?

On a happier note, I have motivated some of my friends to try running.  They say that I have motivated them to try a run walk for 20 minutes.  I am happy that I have this effect on people.

I know that my eating has not been on point, but everyday is a new day and I aim to do my best.

Happy Saturday!

4 comments:

Chayah August 7, 2010 at 9:40 PM  

Good for you chica! We get it off of our chest and keep right on moving! I haven't experienced any inappropriate comments but I haven't been around many of my friends during my journey either.

Crys August 7, 2010 at 11:36 PM  

Why don't you do a cupcake in lieu of a birthday cake? You get the taste but it's built in portion control!

I've gone through those spells where is hard to get on track. You just need one good day to get the momentum rolling.

LeeLee September 7, 2010 at 10:27 AM  

I know what you mean. I am finding it very hard to stay in control with my eating. Things I had no problem saying no to before is like a Hella Yes I NEED it now!! WTF!!! I was always able to stop eating when full and sometimes I push it over my limit..I need to get it together for real!!! Great job to you on your running, you are doing Great!!!

LeeLee September 7, 2010 at 10:27 AM  

I know what you mean. I am finding it very hard to stay in control with my eating. Things I had no problem saying no to before is like a Hella Yes I NEED it now!! WTF!!! I was always able to stop eating when full and sometimes I push it over my limit..I need to get it together for real!!! Great job to you on your running, you are doing Great!!!

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Line!

Powered by Blogger.

Designed By Diamond Jenrette at Diamant Interactive Studio 2010. Template by OurBloggerTemplates