How Low Can You Go

No Repeats Of Last Year

>> Monday, August 16, 2010

On my birthday I was 209, today I was 216.  DAMN homey!  I know it is because of the weekend and all the food, snacks, chocolate and alcohol, I consumed.  Last year I gained 17 pounds from Aug. to Jan.  This IS NOT happening again.  I am not going to downward spiral, into an abyss of depression. NO!  I have worked too hard, to let myself revert back to my un less sexy self.  This will not happen.  Futhuremore, a down payment was made on my Trinidad costume for March.  This means  that I am in for the greatest show on Earth.  No turning back.  I have less than 6 months to tone, lift and flatten. I am planning to work harder than ever before, I may have to try a few things that I have not done in the past. I want to be in the best shape of my life.  Every time I will reach for an unhealthy choice, I will whisper "Trinidad" to myself.

I bought these short running shorts and I got the nerve to wear them today.  You know what; I am 30 now and I do not give a f**k what other people think.  I have lost 60 pounds bitches!  I can wear short, shorts to the gym if I want.  I really just wish that I could take an iron to my thighs and iron out a few of the creases.

Do you ever play the 3 wishes game?  Do you ever think of what your 3 wishes would be if you got them?  Do you have one thing about your body that you wish you could change, but you know that it never will.  My issue is strech marks, no matter how much weight I lose, no matter how toned I am they will never go away. I hate them so much and I would give anything (no the devil did not show up at my house), ok almost anything, to have them vanish.  I have had them so long that they might as well be a member of my family.  They really bother me,  I didn't wear sleeveless tops until I was in my 20s and even then it was only for special occasions.  I am especially ashamed of the ones on my stomach and back.  I look like I have been clawed by a bear.  Breasts, I can deal with, arms I can also, but for some reason, the stomach and back are like perminant tattoos that I did not pay for.

My body is still in pain from pole dancing, it hurts to laugh.

On a happy note, I saw that ex-student at the gym again and she said, "Miss, I can't get over how good you look!"

That is all I need to get my ass to the gym everyday.

I am thinking of hosting a Back To School Challenge, any takers?  Can anyone make me a snazy banner? Feel free to discuss.

11 comments:

Crys August 17, 2010 at 12:16 AM  

You are hilarious! I can't wear shorts because my thighs, by square inch per area, is the largest part of my body. Shorts would undoubtedly end up in my crotch and sever some sacred part of my vagina.

If you drank this weekend, you're probably retaining water. Make sure you're drinking lots of water, watch the sodium and I'm sure that'll help.

Glad you enjoyed celebrating 30! :)

Alexia August 17, 2010 at 1:44 AM  

oh boy. i feel ya. did i overeat during my birthday month (march)?!

Miz August 17, 2010 at 5:59 AM  

I am focusing on the positive and that COMPLIMENT.
gotta love the ones (OK I love the ones :)) that git my arse moving in the direction I know it needs to go...


I need to demand a running compliment from the husband this morning.

Ro August 17, 2010 at 9:31 AM  

You have come way too far so shut that up now and lets get back to work (*in my stern voice*)
LMAO at the creases…wear them shawt shawts boo!!! Those are your legs. Your life and long as you feel good …..is all that matters! :-)

I am in for any challenge…anything to keep me accountable Haneefa I need it!

erica August 17, 2010 at 9:51 AM  

Seriously you have a power house attitude and I love it. I lack confidence but really what does it matter what people think. Girl you look amazing!!!!

xo

M August 17, 2010 at 3:30 PM  

I hate my stomach and stretch marks too! The only way to get rid of them and/or make them look less worse is to have a tummy tuck. That's not in the cards for me, since we are on a tight budget. How I wish!

michelle August 17, 2010 at 6:07 PM  

lol...I love when you stated."Every time I will reach for an unhealthy choice, I will whisper "Trinidad" to myself". It is easier to stay on track when you have some type of event coming up in the near future. I'm sure your going to look great for "Trinidad" so don't sweat it!

Unknown August 17, 2010 at 6:44 PM  

Trinidad - Amazing, take me with!!

I too belong to the "I hate my unattractive, looks like Freddie Krueger attacked me, stretch marks" club. But I'm learning to accept and embrace them - slowly.

The pole dancing looked like a blast. I wanna try.

Juanette August 17, 2010 at 7:15 PM  

lol @iron out the creases! I had a friend tell me today (in a nice way) that I am heavier than I used to be and he's right, I can no longer pretends that no one notices but me. *Although, in my defense I am on my period.* But I know that I need to commit to working out again and I think your blog is going to help motivate me to do it. Thanks for the motivation!

PhluffyPrincess August 18, 2010 at 4:43 AM  

Hey girl! I'm catching up on your blog. U betta go head and rock your short shorts! This made me think --- I saw a black woman last week running in some very short spandex shorts and I was thinking "why would she do that?!" cause she wasn't the "most fit" looking person. But after reading this, I realize that was SO wrong of me! I don't know her story or journey and hell, at least she's running outdoors! Something I have YET to do! So yeah....to each his or her own is the lesson of the day.

As for 3 wishes....IDK about 3. I'd wish for clear skin. Everything else I can handle. Maybe a "video girl booty"?! LOL.

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Line!

Powered by Blogger.

Designed By Diamond Jenrette at Diamant Interactive Studio 2010. Template by OurBloggerTemplates