How Low Can You Go

THE BEST BIRTHDAY EVA!

>> Sunday, August 22, 2010

Saturday was my birthday mani and pedi party.  It was really fantastic, one of my friend's who told me that she couldn't come because of a work trip, ended up coming because they cancelled her trip.  I love surprises.  Everyone loved the food, the mango salad was a HIT!  I was a little mad at the salon because the basically kicked us out.  The owner tells me that her partner had surgery and is in the hospital and she has to go meet him. So we had to leave early so she could close.  Question #1: You had my number why didn't you call me and I would have cancelled (this would have sucked, but I would have done it).  Question #2 You didn't have a few extra minutes to do MY manicure? It was MY birthday *sigh*.  We didn't have time to eat dessert, so we had to move to my house.

The cake was delicious

It tasted even better than it looked


Then it was time for the gifts

Running Room Gift Certificate! I said out loud, "Now I can by a water belt!"

No need, because look at what another friend gave me!

Gotta stay fresh, M.A.C gift card *heart jumping up and down*

WHATTTTTTT!!!????? Four of my friends put together and got me this!  OMG!  I can't believe it.  It does everything, GPS, calorie count, distance, pace, my taxes, you name it.  Once I set it up, I will let you know.

I made these for my friends to take home.

A spice jar filled with gum balls!  As you can see I still had the Caribana feel in my, decorating with jewels and feathers.

All in all an AMAZING time was had by all.  Thank you, thank you, thank you!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In race news.....
I ran 5K number 4 today and I finished with a time of

32:10

THAT IS WHAT I AM TAKING ABOUT!  I felt so much better today (even though I went to bed at around 1 am and got up at 6:30).  I was on the ball and it felt great.  Towards the end the last 1 km was hard, but soon as I saw the finish I bolted like a cat out of hell.  Next race is Sept.11 and I am hoping for 30 mins.  This was our "graduation race" at the running room, so everyone from the clinic was there.  I was touched when one lady said, she thinks I have come the farther and my strides were gazelle-like when I ran.

I start my 10 K clinic on Tuesday and I am very excited.

New followers welcome!

Cardio Music Sunday, today's song is Kanye West's "Power", enjoy!




11 comments:

Nicci August 22, 2010 at 11:52 PM  

Woohoo, water belt and a Garmin. Your friends are pretty cool.

I'm Annie August 23, 2010 at 3:20 AM  

Happy Birthday!

Your gifts (and cake) are amazing. Congrats on the 5K's and best of luck on the 10's! :)

Previously Plump... in progress August 23, 2010 at 8:21 AM  

Sounds like you had an amazing weekend! Congrats on the 5km race - that's an awesome time.

Let me know what you think of the garmin - I've had my eye on one of those for a while....

Anonymous,  August 23, 2010 at 9:15 AM  

Glad you had a great birthday!! and Woohoo on the 5K!!

Ro August 23, 2010 at 10:01 AM  

YAYYYY!!
you got some really great and very THOUGHTFUL gifts. Great friends and great running time.

Corletta August 23, 2010 at 10:35 AM  

Time out right now!!! Your friends buy the best gifts!!! I mean, MAC and a Garmin....BLISS!!!!

Crys August 23, 2010 at 1:22 PM  

You have to blog about the Garmin. I keep thinking about getting one. Looks like you had a really great birthday! :)

M August 23, 2010 at 3:03 PM  

I am so envious! I wish I had a Garmin! Glad you had an awesome bday!

Dee Dee August 23, 2010 at 4:25 PM  

Wow, you have awesome friends! Great job on the 5k runs. Keep up the great work!

Girlventures August 23, 2010 at 6:52 PM  

AWESOME! Awesome time, awesome gifts, please do tell about that calorie counting thing - I've been coveting once since I realized the 20 dollar one I got says I burn 54 calories in my kickboxig class. Oh and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

michelle August 23, 2010 at 11:59 PM  

I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. It's always nice to get great gifts. HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!...and many more!

I love the new Kanye West song. I know sometimes people get mad at him for being so outspoken but he is still very talented (a little out there at times...lol) but talented.

I just wanted to tell you I have noticed that you always take the time to post comments to my blog. I really appreciate it:)

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Line!

Powered by Blogger.

Designed By Diamond Jenrette at Diamant Interactive Studio 2010. Template by OurBloggerTemplates