How Low Can You Go

Tabata!? Bless You!

>> Monday, April 4, 2011

Today I did a class called Tabata. Tabata is a method developed by a Japanese man in which you do an activity at high intensity for 20 seconds and then you rest for 10 seconds, you repeat this eight times for a total of four minutes (did I mention that the teacher was impressed that I knew what Tabata was! Thank you Muscle and FitnessHers magazine!) . Then you move on to another exercise and repeat the timing. I really loved it, I was sweating up a storm and I felt great. As per usual I was strong for all the activities except the ab/core stuff, 5 seconds into it and my middle was on fiyah!

I will definitely have to do this class again. I then did a step class (I know I'm a little crazy, but you DID read this morning's post right!?) with some boxing moves. Did I ever tell you that I am not a boxing fan? For some reason I cannot stand workout classes that have boxing in them.

I journaled today and I think my ten pound gain has been from excessive snacks. Let me rephrase that, eating the wrong snacks. I do so many activities that I am hungry often, the problem is I need to make better snack choices and that is what I am going to work on this week and drink more water.

Tomorrow, I want to do Body Design and Ab Blast at the gym. My goal is to try all the evening classes to see which are best. I was suppose to run 6k tomorrow, I did 2.5 today and I will try and do the rest tomorrow. I am not sure if that is allowed to break it up like that, but oh well.

Thank you readers for your continued support, it means the world to me. New followers, welcome!!

Have a great week!

4 comments:

Healthier Me April 4, 2011 at 11:35 PM  

I eat these snacks! They are filling :D
Nuts (ex.Pecans)
Sugar-free jello (Only 10 Calories!)
Sugar-free popsicles
Sugar-free pudding
Sugar-free fudgsicles (Get your chocolate fix with only 40 calories!)
Fruit
Smoothies (love love love making smoothies!)
Popcorn

Anonymous,  April 5, 2011 at 9:29 AM  

Look at you getting those workouts in...way to go. I took a Tabatas class before and girllll that 20 seconds seems like forever. I'm sure it's great for weight loss and toning though.

Tim April 5, 2011 at 1:20 PM  

I do a class called the Fat.Boy.Thin.Tim-bata. Basically I do high intensity activity for 20 seconds and then struggle to breathe for the next hour LOL

Thirteenlbs April 6, 2011 at 6:34 AM  

Wow...you're going to try all evening classes? Go, girl!

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Line!

Powered by Blogger.

Designed By Diamond Jenrette at Diamant Interactive Studio 2010. Template by OurBloggerTemplates