How Low Can You Go

Cruise to Run-- I Wanna Go!

>> Tuesday, April 5, 2011



I read about this in Running magazine last week and I am dying to go. Cruise to Run is a cruise that leaves from San Juan, Puerto Rico  and travels to various islands in the Caribbean. Imagine two of my favorite things in one place, travel/beaches and running! On each island there is an organized run varying from 5K to 13K.

Here is a break down of the trip:
  • Day 1- San Juan
  • Day 2- St. Thomas. Virgin Islands (5K prediction run, you cannot wear a watch, you predict your run time and the one who is closet to their time wins)
  • Day 3- Tortola, British Virgin Islands (6K run)
  • Day 4-Antigua (13 K run, another run in the afternoon TBA)
  • Day 5- Dominica (run TBA)
  • Day 6- Barbados (5K run then beach fun, haha that rhymes)
  • Day 7- At Sea
  • Dat 8- Back to San Juan


Doesn't this sound so fun!?  The best part in is that you would not have to worry about eating too much on the cruise because you would be working it off!  I love it!

The cruise prices vary from 700-1200$ depending on where your cabin is located and you have to pay an extra 250$ for the races (25$ if you are not doing the races).

I would then have to get down to San Juan which costs about 600$.  Man, if I was rolling in dough, I would be all over this.


In other news, I stepped on the scale this morning after having a good day yesterday and I was down over 3 pounds, YEAH!  Hopefully by next week I can be back to my regular 211 and work from there.

5 comments:

Tim April 5, 2011 at 1:32 PM  

That sounds like great fun and I bet the scenery would be unbelivable too!

Congrats on the 3lbs!

Amberly April 5, 2011 at 10:02 PM  

That cruise sounds awesome! Would you do all of the runs? The biggest loser is also doing a cruise this year that sounded really nice. I'm all over vacationing and exercising.

Healthier Me April 6, 2011 at 1:34 AM  

I'm exhausted just reading about all that running! LOL, about how long would you say it took you to get to your current level (running).

Thirteenlbs April 6, 2011 at 6:40 AM  

Girl that makes me tired just looking at it.

But I DO love me some caribbean, though...

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Line!

Powered by Blogger.

Designed By Diamond Jenrette at Diamant Interactive Studio 2010. Template by OurBloggerTemplates