How Low Can You Go

I Did It!

>> Sunday, April 3, 2011



14 freakin' kilometers! Can you believe it! The first five kms was tough, my chest felt tight. But after that I got into the groove and felt great. I will not lie it was L-O-N-G, an hour and forty five minutes, I could have watched a movie. Next Sunday we will do 16km, I am excited. This is a big day for me, imagine that I only started this journey last May and look how far I have come, I am so proud of myself. I burned over 1400 calories, damn homey! Now, I am going to take a warm bath in Epsom salts and chill for a bit.

Have a great Sunday!

P.s. Watched the documentary, "Waiting for Superman" which talks about the education system in the US, it talked about the lottery system for kids trying to get into good schools. If you are an educator, you should check it out.

4 comments:

Unknown April 3, 2011 at 3:49 PM  

Congrats lady!! I don't think I could do it. I'm just not a runner, as much as I would like to be.

I've been wanting to see Waiting for Superman. Gonna have to get it from the Red Box, while it's still avail.

Tim April 3, 2011 at 5:27 PM  

Congratulations! It's really inspiring. I'm starting the C25k programme so it's great to see someone else who has achieved so much after all the hardwork you've put in. If I achieve half as much as you have, i'll be very happy!

Tim April 3, 2011 at 5:28 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shannie (akaSolidice242) April 3, 2011 at 5:38 PM  

Congratulations! Everything about your post is so inspiring!

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Line!

Powered by Blogger.

Designed By Diamond Jenrette at Diamant Interactive Studio 2010. Template by OurBloggerTemplates