How Low Can You Go

Real Talk

>> Thursday, April 14, 2011

   I am hungry.  These last few days I have been hitting the gym hard.  I feel guilty if I do not go, because I am paying so much a month.  The problem is that I am hungrier, because I am working out more.  Since I am working out more, I am eating more and thus my weight is going up.  This is the worst catch 22 ever.  I do not know what to do.  I am upset because the scale is once again creeping up.  I was doing so well and then this week things are falling apart.  At this point I am starting not to care get mad, but deep down inside it make me sad that although I am trying hard, the scale is slapping me in the face.  I don't know what to do...

Ro has Operation Bust Gut I am have Operation Summer Shelf Booty.

Everyday that I am at the gym I am going to incorporate at least TWO exercises that are booty (glute) specific.  My booty has always been none existent and I really want to lift and shape for the summer.

Yesterday, I did:

  • Jump squats 30 secs x 3
  • Walking lunges 2 sets of 15
My cardio of choice is the stair-stepper for half an hour 9along with other cardio, I try to do at least an hour a day).  I know that I am in better shape than I used to be because I could not do the stair stepper for that long and if I did I felt like I was going to die along the way.  Actually I used to call it Suicide because whenever I did that machine I felt like I was killing myself.  Now I fell great when I am done.  I am really trying to get this body in some sort of shape, I fell like Flabby Abby. I am so tired of being at the same weight (or more)  day in and day out.  I am done with this really.

I feel like a fraud.  People look at me and say

  "You lost weight" or " You lost more weight", blah, blah, blah, insert compliment I do not want to hear right now

I really want to tell them, "Actually n the last eek I have last and gained the same 10 pounds, at least twice"  But I am sure that they do not want to hear that.  I just wish that people wouldn't say anything to me.  I know that they are trying to bee nice, but if they only knew the truth.

  I have a lot more to go (45 pounds to the End Game) and I need to get my shit together.  This is NOT acceptable.  I am not taking this as seriously as I need to.  Why I am settling for this body, when it can look so much better.  Time to get it together!

8 comments:

Ro April 14, 2011 at 12:38 PM  

Haneefa..I know how you feel. I really do.
get mad...get sad but your ass better NOT give up!!

Its a Contstant struggle just try and find a groove....the fact of the matter is YOU DO look amazing so EMBRACE it...but keep pushing to the end.

Operation Shelf Booty is in full effect..OMG..I lOVE that name so much and I so wanna a little mini shelf booty :-)

Denise April 14, 2011 at 2:16 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Denise April 14, 2011 at 2:18 PM  

Hey Ms. Haneefa. I am a lurker and I usually don't comment but your comment about the catch 22 caught my attention. If you are hungry, eat! It's all about what you are eating. There's a reason why there are unlimited fruits and veges in the new WW plan. I would say increase your intake of veges so you can keep your metabolism going and support your activity level. Otherwise you will start breaking down muscle which is also bad. I feel you on your struggles though. It's time get to the best body that I can have and not just a good enough one.

Thirteenlbs April 14, 2011 at 3:19 PM  

Ditto that ^^. You have to eat if you're hungry, period. I'll bet if you make sure the xtra calories are "worthy" ones-- i.e., veggies and a little fat- you'll see the scale bounce down.

Tim April 14, 2011 at 4:01 PM  

Are you able to book an appointment with someone who can maybe draw up a plan of what foods you could eat to help lose weight without losing energy so you can maintain your gym activity?

Erin April 14, 2011 at 5:11 PM  

I'm sorry you're going through this. I'm not one to give advice on food selection, but perhaps it is the food, not the exercise. Perhaps you should try different foods (not that I have any idea what you eat on a daily basis), but I started eating more fruits and veggies this week, and the scale has gone down. Plus, I feel better.

M April 14, 2011 at 5:12 PM  

Same boat here! I have been eating more carbs these past two weeks to get my glycogen levels up and used to fueling my body, so I'm sure I'm up. I'm not looking at the scale until after my half marathon this Saturday. I don't need that disappointment before and during the greatest endeavor for me thus far... with the exception of being prego with the twins and giving birth to them without the C-section. I'm redesigning my eating habits starting up on Monday, and I'll be featuring them on my blog this Monday. The key word is... fiber!

mimi for fitness April 19, 2011 at 4:55 AM  

Whoa! that's pretty normal though it's really disappointing. I think if you are hungry try to choose what you eat. I mean eat real foods because it would end up an increase on the scale if you won't stop now!

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Line!

Powered by Blogger.

Designed By Diamond Jenrette at Diamant Interactive Studio 2010. Template by OurBloggerTemplates