How Low Can You Go

I Celebrate Today By Looking My Best

>> Wednesday, December 7, 2011

     Hello blog world, as per usual my workouts never go to plan.  The spinning class was full, so I did 30 minutes on the Step Mill, the devil but I love it. Followed by 5 mins of the rowing machine (I wanted to try it out and realized that I am not a fan) and then I hit the elliptical for 25 minutes.  I had set out to do an hour of weight, but it turned into 30 minutes. In the last post LA asked about my weight training schedule.  Here is an example of a full body weight training schedule.  I usually do each exercise for 8-15 reps and I do 3 sets increasing my weight each time.


Whole Body Tight and Toned

  • bench press
  • chest flye
  • standing dumbbell press
  • bent over flye
  • one arm tricep extension
  • lying dumbbell extension
  • dumbbell front squat
  • dumbbell lunge
  • dumbbell stiff legged deadlift
  • hamstring curl
  • calf raise
  • bent over two arm row
  • seated hammer curl
  • standing reverse curl
  • dumbbell crunch
  • stability ball roll up
I do these one after another until I don't want to do anymore this can be 15 minutes or half an hour, or an hour.  Yesterday, I did the first 6 exercises in half an hour.


If you need instructions to any of these exercises you can google or YouTube them or just ask and I can post some pics.


As for my resources I like the Nike Training app for my iPod.


  I also LOVE Oxygen magazine and website.



 Muscle Fitness Hers is another favorite of mine




I also tend to check out bodybuilding.com for ideas.

I hope this helps.

Tonight, I will head to the gym for an hour (30 mins Step mill, 30 mins weight training), then have running we are doing 5 hill repeats.

Have a great day!

4 comments:

j. littlejohn December 7, 2011 at 2:18 PM  

sounds like you are working hard -- best of luck meeting your goals

Al December 8, 2011 at 6:42 AM  

I just got NTC for my iphone. LOVE IT!

Ro December 8, 2011 at 10:25 AM  

I too love Oxygen mag and Fitness mag as well. Thanks for sharinig your schedule! here's to looking and feeling GREAT :-)

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Line!

Powered by Blogger.

Designed By Diamond Jenrette at Diamant Interactive Studio 2010. Template by OurBloggerTemplates