How Low Can You Go

2011: What a Great Year

>> Thursday, December 29, 2011

Hello! First, I would like to welcome all my new followers. Thank you so much for taking time to read my blog, it really means a lot to me. This has been my second year blogging and it continues to be such a positive experience. Last year I created 300 posts and this year I am close to 200. I went and took a look back on the highlights of this year:

- I went to Trinidad and Tobago in February 'played mas' and partied hard (take a look at the February posts for some great pics)
- I ran my first 10 k race in January and since then have completed 2 more races bringing my time down to an hour and four minutes.
-I ran my first half marathon in May (one year after starting to run). This was definitely the highlight of my year.
-Tried Pilates for the first time.
-Tried hot yoga for the first time, fell in love and completed 30 hot yoga classes in 30 days in November.
-Saw Prince in May
-Tried pole dancing, don't love it but I was willing to try it again.

I am happy to say that I am nowhere near the 238 I was at when I started the blog two years ago or even 272 that I was at back in 2008. I am still reaching to get under 200 and hopefully reach my goal of 172.

I haven't been to the gym yet today. I am suppose to run tonight but it is -15c (feels like -26c so I think that I am gonna stick to the gym. I think that I am going to go to spinning and sweatshop class.

Have a great day!

6 comments:

Dawnya December 29, 2011 at 3:11 PM  

You have had a fantastice year. Next year can only get better. I'm confident you will meet your goal in 2012. I plan on being right there with you.

Dina December 29, 2011 at 3:59 PM  

How did you feel about the 30 days of hot yoga? My local Bikram Yoga is doing a 30 day challenge in January that I've been wanting to participate in but I wasn't sure it would be a great idea while learning to run (and running a 12k). If you could let me know what you think it would be great! Sounds like a pretty eventful year, I hope my 2012 can live up to your 2011!

MizTori December 29, 2011 at 6:40 PM  

Hi, new follower. Sounds like a great year! Can't wait to see what you do in 2012. Next stop, "One"derland!

Maren December 29, 2011 at 6:52 PM  

You can definitely hit your goal in 2012 if you keep up this good work :D

Erin December 29, 2011 at 9:18 PM  

Awesome year, I love how active you are with blogging - I think I probably have half as many posts as you from 2011 (if that)! I'm definitely going to try to be a more active blogger in 2012 :-)

MS. Bad Mama Jama December 30, 2011 at 2:03 AM  

what a great 2011! i wish you peace, prosperity, and (lost) pounds in 2012!

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Line!

Powered by Blogger.

Designed By Diamond Jenrette at Diamant Interactive Studio 2010. Template by OurBloggerTemplates