How Low Can You Go

Day 13: A Letter to Someone Who Hurt You Recently

>> Wednesday, September 14, 2011


Dear __________,
        I am sorry that things had to end like this, but I cannot do this anymore.  I am 31, my life is not getting any shorter, I am not getting any younger.  I want a family, I want kids.  I feel as though we are at a standstill, stagnant.  For five years I have waited for things to progress, move forward and nothing has happened.  I guess for the first time in years, I am ready for this to be over.  I am done, I have had it , I am ready to move on.  You know how I feel about you, about us.  I am sorry that you do not see things the way I do, I really wish you did, but at the same time I know that you have your own issues to deal with.  I wish you all the best in the future, I am just sorry that said future does not include me, but I do still love you, that will never change; how can it after all that we have been through together.  At this point in my life I would rather be alone than waiting for things to progress.  Thanks for teaching me so many things about love and life, hopefully I taught you a few things also.

Always,

MissHaneefa

5 comments:

Noir September 14, 2011 at 11:17 AM  

WOW! Powerful letter! I guess almost every woman can empathise as most of us have met that 'one' person who has triggered in us all the emotions spilling forth in your letter. :-)

Alexia September 14, 2011 at 12:59 PM  

this is a beautiful love letter (even though a sad one), haneefa :)

Anonymous,  September 14, 2011 at 7:13 PM  

I ditto what Noir and Alexia said. Very beautiful and powerful.
Ms. Anon

Pam September 14, 2011 at 10:47 PM  

Actually, your life is getting shorter. But aside from that, it's good.

Mrs. Bradley September 15, 2011 at 12:56 PM  

Well written and on point. I am big fan of moving forward. I am also a fan of self preservation & making your life work for you. That only happens when the people in your life are adding to your life.

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Line!

Powered by Blogger.

Designed By Diamond Jenrette at Diamant Interactive Studio 2010. Template by OurBloggerTemplates