How Low Can You Go

You Fancy Huh?

>> Sunday, January 16, 2011

 
I got a blog award! The "Stylish Blog Award" was given to me by Tim over at Fat.Boy.Thin.  Tim is from across the pond (England), he has a great sense of humor and is doing a great job on his weight loss journey.  He challenges himself to eat healthier as well as cooks up healthy meals to maintain his new lifestyle, sometimes he has fantastic results, other times.....let's just say he takes us along for the ride and knows when to laugh at himself, a quality that we can all use.

The rules of this award:

  • Post and link back to the person who awarded you this award     Done!
  • Share 7 things about yourself
  1. I used to hate my name, Haneefa means "true believer" in Arabic and for a few years in Elementary school, I hated that my name was not common like everyone elses (I have yet to meet another Haneefa personally), people would pronounce my name wrong and look at me funny when I introduced myself (sometimes that still happens). I even wrote, "Elizabeth" on a test once in Grade 4 because I was fed up. Now, I have learned to love my name, it is unique and really a part of me.  People are always saying, "What can I call you for short?". My answer, "Haneefa". I would not change it for the world.
  2. I am outgoing and have no fears of public speaking, I am that person that will be the first one on the dance floor or volunteer first to present.  I love getting the party started.
  3. I have a pretty good sense of humour, I love jokes and sarcasm.  I have learned over the years that you have to be able to take it as well as dish it out.
  4. I am a huge procrastinator.  If procrastination was a country I would be the President.  I always leave things to the last minute, I just work better that way.  I used to say that I should be a newspaper journalist because I would work better under pressure with the deadlines.
  5. In University I won an "Orgasm Faking" contest at a local bar.  Hahaha, too funny, I haven't thought about that in years .
  6. I love Horror movies and Thrillers, movies like the Friday the 13th series, as well as Jason are up on my list.
  7. I will try anything once, food and activity wise. I live by the motto what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

  • Award 5 bloggers who have "Stylish" blogs.  I will just say that a few people I would have nominated have already received an award.  Check out the following blogs.
http://25poundsofnothing.blogspot.com/

You are not following Ro?  What is wrong with you?  Like I said in a previous post, this chick is great!  She keeps it real and is always setting new challenges for herself.  She is motivational not only to her readers but to her friends also.  She posts HILARIOUS video blogs and has supported my from the get go.

http://corletta.blogspot.com/

Where to begin, Corletta knows how to be 1000% truthful with her readers, she shares her ups and her downs.  She analyses herself so well and knows what her faults are, and she is always reflecting on how to make herself a better person along this journey.

Lady Cyone @ Destined to Be A Diva

Keeps us updated on her journey to natural hair as well as her get healthy regime.  She has already lost about 40 pounds and she is just getting started.

Amberly @ Amberly's Weight Loss Journey

Amberly was on blog sabbatical for awhile, but she is back and better than ever.  She is trying to turn her life around, has joined Weight Watcher's and is trying out for an indoor soccer league.  She is insightful and a good blog read.

http://movingmertle.blogspot.com/

Mertle is also running a Half Marathon in the near future.  She is a Grad student who knows how to balance copious amounts of work as well as an active lifestyle, check her out.
There are so many blogs that are really fantastic out there, check out any of the blogs on my blog roll.


Side Note: Today's run was fantastic yet so cold -12 C (about 10 F), it was a winter wonderland, since we got about 10 cms of snow last night.  that didn't stop us from doing 6.5K!  Running club had a great turnout of about 30 people, I guess the weather did not detour anyone. 

I have been journaling for 2 days and it is going well, here is a sample of the day so far:


P.S. Target is coming to Canada, WOOO HOOOO!  They are taking over 80% of the Zellers' stores in Canada.  I am so excited
Have a great week!

5 comments:

Ro January 16, 2011 at 3:15 PM  

Awwww thanks!!! Your 7 facts were quite interesting...thanks for sharing and for the kind words :-)
I'll be posting this award and passing it along!

Ms. Cyone January 16, 2011 at 8:11 PM  

Aw thanks :) I'll be posting this and passing it forward.

Corletta January 16, 2011 at 8:18 PM  

::Tear:: Aren't you sweet!!! I appreciate your kind words!! By the way, I, too, have a "different" name. How funny that you were Elizabeth once and I was Sam :)

IwannaWearSz6 January 17, 2011 at 9:03 AM  

CONGRATS!!! I love your blog setup so most def deserve it. :-)

...lol @ that orgasm contest. tooo funny.

M January 17, 2011 at 2:26 PM  

That is cold! I don't think I could brave that temp. Good job!

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Line!

Powered by Blogger.

Designed By Diamond Jenrette at Diamant Interactive Studio 2010. Template by OurBloggerTemplates