How Low Can You Go

Don't Judge A Book By Its Cover

>> Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Yesterday, I was on my way to Zumba class, I was in the parking lot walking to the door and I see an older black man coming my way. This man has a gold tooth and looks like he could be a friend of my dad. First thing I think is, " Great, this guy is going to have something to to me."

He asks me if I am going to the Zumba class, I reply yes and he says that he is the new yoga instructor at the studio.

Ooooohhhhhhhhhhhh

I introduced myself and told him that I would be seeing him soon because I am a member of the studio. I am going to his class tomorrow so I will let you know about that.

I felt so bad. I guess that I assume that an older black guy can't be a yoga/pilots instructor. I really need to stop making assumptions.

Have you ever made an assumption about someone or something that you later felt bad about?

5 comments:

Anonymous,  January 5, 2011 at 10:26 PM  

That's pretty funny :) Actually, yes, I have been in the same situation. When my husband and I were at this restaurant in Sonoma looking at a possible venue for our wedding I noticed a woman sitting at a table eating staring at me. Like she just kept staring and I felt like she was talking to her husband about me. Towards the end of our meal the woman came over to our table and said, "Are you guys considering this place for your wedding? Today is me and my husband's anniversary and we had our wedding here. It's a great place!" Before she came up to me I totally assumed that she was staring at me and talking sh!t lol.

Ro January 6, 2011 at 9:35 AM  

Chile I do it all the time...lol...and I don't like that I do it.
Funny.

Corletta January 6, 2011 at 1:45 PM  

Girl...I just laughed out loud! I am loving that your new yoga instructor is a black man with a gold tooth!! It sure does teach us not to assume. Although...that's not how I picture most yoga instructors...just sayin :)

Shannie (akaSolidice242) January 6, 2011 at 4:16 PM  

Don't make me laugh today..lol You made him sound like a pimp. I make assumptions all the time and sometimes end up embarrassing myself..lol

100 Pounds 100 Days Challenge January 6, 2011 at 4:35 PM  

Yeah, I do that all the time. My husband gets on me about it but I can't help it. Sometimes I'm right but when I'm wrong, I have egg all over my face.

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Line!

Powered by Blogger.

Designed By Diamond Jenrette at Diamant Interactive Studio 2010. Template by OurBloggerTemplates