How Low Can You Go

Finally, A Real Post...Part Deux

>> Sunday, January 2, 2011

     2011 is here and what would a weight lose blog be if I did not make a few goals for the year. I am a bit tired of the word "resolution" so I won't go there. These are a few things that I want to work on this year. As the year progresses I am sure that I will have a few additions.
- They have added yoga to the studio where I train, I want to do this at least once a week. I have never been a fan of yoga, I find it to slow for my liking. Nevertheless, when I did do yoga for a few weeks, I saw a huge improvement in my balance and flexibility. Two things that I need to improve.
- I want to keep running and improve my 5 k time to under 30 minutes. (I ran 7 races this year!  Wooo hoo)
- Even though I have run 10k on my own I have not done a 10k race yet. I would like to run a few and see what times I can clock.
- I have signed up for the half marathon at the end of may in Ottawa. There in one here in Montreal in April, if I am up for it I want to try it out to have an idea of what I am getting myself into.
- Run at least 3 days a week with the Running Room and once on my own. I am signing up for a 16 week clinic in February to get me ready for the half.
- Eat as clean as possible, as often as possible. Cut down on the sweets which is really my weakness.
- Once the community pool reopens, get back into aqua-fitness and maybe even look into taking some swimming lessons. I can swim, but not very well and I would like to learn the proper strokes.
- Get to 203 (lowest weight attained in July 2003) once at 203, get under 200. Then 191 (30% loss of my starting weight of 272 from March 2008). Then get to 177 that would be a 35% body loss. I would love to be at goal by my 31st birthday.
- Keep blogging and comment more on all the blogs o read. I love getting comments and I know that the blogs I read would love them too, no matter how short the comment.

I have asked to do a post on running and I am going to get to that this week. I am by far not an expert, but I would love to share what I know.

At my training studio, my instructor could not believe that I weigh around 210. He was convinced that I was around 190. This is a good thing because at least I don't look my weight. I credit this partly to my height (thanks Mom!) I told him my weight story and that I was once 272 . He was shocked ( of course he had to say how close I was to 300 pounds, wow the thought of that is scary). He said that I could get down to 150, the thought of that blows my mind. One step at a time.

New song of the moment is Cee Lo Green's "F**k You".

I am loving this iPod touch so much. I am writing this on it and I LOVE it!

Hope that 2011 is treating well! Have a great week!

P.S. Trinidad is in 9 weeks.  Wow, no time to play around anymore I have to get S-E-R-I-O-U-S! A 20 pound loss would be great....

Want to see the costume I will be wearing? Click here and scroll down.  I know I am crazy.  But you only live once right? And Trinidad Carnival is the greatest show on Earth. Am I scared, a little, but remember I already wore this in August -->

6 comments:

Amberly January 3, 2011 at 3:22 AM  

Love your goals. I want to officially learn to swim too! I also find yoga slow, but something I like to do is reflect on the good things I've done and what I've accomplished. It helps me to think positive and gets my mind off the slowness of yoga lol.

MegFordice January 3, 2011 at 10:30 AM  

I would LOVE to hear your tips on running! I have trouble with endurance.

Corletta January 3, 2011 at 11:56 AM  

Girl, you are doing well and looking GREAT!!! Keep the good work up!! By the way, I, too, love my I-pod Touch! Def. the best investment for my workout life :) By the way, thanks for your sweet comment on my blog!

M January 3, 2011 at 6:55 PM  

You're doing amazing! Time for me to set some goals for this year!

Miesha Roshawn January 3, 2011 at 11:51 PM  

Great goals!! I can tell you've really thought about how you plan to reach each of them. Let's get it!

Tim January 4, 2011 at 1:08 PM  

9 weeks to go! Wow, so exciting!!

Loving the pictures. The costume looks AMAZING!

I've never been to a carnival before but on TV they look great fun. I'm sure you'll have an unbelievable time.

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Line!

Powered by Blogger.

Designed By Diamond Jenrette at Diamant Interactive Studio 2010. Template by OurBloggerTemplates