How Low Can You Go

15 in 15 Challenge Week 14: The Last Lap

>> Saturday, January 15, 2011

214.6 up 2 pounds. I don't even want to talk about it. This challenge was an epic fail for me. I have been as low as 207 and as high as 216 in the last 14 weeks. I am entering the last week at a higher weight than when I entered. WTF!?! FAIL a la max.

Now that that sh*t's over....

I almost cried in yoga yesterday because I am so bad. I have zero flexibility and balance, but that is why I am there. The teacher tells us to do "x,y and z", while everyone is working on "z", I can barely do "x". One man was so frustrated he shouts out, "I'm a train wreck!". That made me laugh out loud. It was kinda funny because we are all zen-like and he just blurts it out. The teacher told me to keep coming and that is what I am going to do. Although I have not lost any weight,I see changes, I feel leaner. Clothes still fit well, if not better. I must admit that I am really liking ball Pilates this week left me with almost no soar muscles, yeah!!!!

I leave for Trinidad in 6 weeks. I would love to lose something by then. I was getting props at the exercise studio today because I attended three classes today. To be honest I really like working out, so three classes is a treat for me.

I'm going to make an effort to journal my food in the next weeks, I wanna get back down to 211, if not lower, I am fed up of the 21X's.

I just want to give a huge THANK YOU to Ro for the shout out she gave me on her blog. If you have not read her page, please go and check it out. She is currently working on her New Year's Resolutions and she is doing an amazing job. She does a liquid fast once a week and has not given in to any temptations. This girl has S-T-R-E-N-G-H-T and is sooooo funny, her vlogs will have you on the floor. She called me a run-a-holic! Too funny. I like that name, maybe I'll get a shirt made.  Sounds like a 70's group MissHaneefa and the Run-a-holics.

Speaking of run-a-holic, 6k run tomorrow. Happy, but it is snowing like a mofo, so I am not sure what the conditions will be tomorrow.

Have a great night!

12 comments:

Girlventures January 15, 2011 at 6:55 PM  

Girl you and me both! I feel so bad about this challenge, I've gained weight and if I'm lucky I'll finish at my starting weight. And you are a runaholic! Writing down what you eat is very helpful, I use MyNetDiary...there's an app for thaat. Keep up the work, it'll pay off.

ERICA January 15, 2011 at 7:28 PM  

That scale is Bigiggity! You've been running and going to a million classes. I wish my gym had classes because those sound so fun. Oh and don't forget about surgery. One day the scale will catch up with all your effort don't freak out about that.

Ro January 15, 2011 at 9:02 PM  

I must be SLOW!! I thought the challenge was over the last friday in december..UGH!! That's what I get for not counting...I saw some people posting weigh ins and I was all confused! Ill weigh in Friday!
Thanks for the shout....I think run a holic is a cute name....lol...you inspire me to move.
Oh and great job not letting that scale bum u out and noticing the positive changes in yourself. Trinidad aint ready for u.
Oh and - I LOVE THE CUT! You wear it well :-)

Anonymous,  January 15, 2011 at 10:18 PM  

Girl I know the feeling..that scale can piss you off so bad.urgh!! but hang in there girl. It will move again and soon. With all that running and exercising you do. Girl please, I know you have to be smaller. I think your weight gain is just muscle.. now mine on the other hand was just me being lazy, LOL!! I will say, since I've been back to journaling the last couple of weeks, I've done much better. I'm down 2.5 lbs because of journaling again. Anyway, hang in there girl and good luck on your run tomorrow.:-)

Corletta January 16, 2011 at 12:36 AM  

Hey Girl...
Thanks for your comment on my blog. It's nice to know that reseting is allowed :) By the way...I am going to try yoga. EEEEKKKK. I, too, am not very flexible. So...we'll see how all of that goes!!!

Tim January 16, 2011 at 10:32 AM  

I nominated you for an award on my blog.

Woo Hoo!

Dani - tkdchick January 16, 2011 at 1:09 PM  

Sorry to hear you had a gain as well this week, it seems to be a catching thing this past week. How frustrating to put yourself through a program and have bad results!

Keep up the hard work!

Shannie (akaSolidice242) January 16, 2011 at 3:51 PM  

And we thought this would be easy right? Wrong... I didn't gain any weight this week I really have to make my last week count though... Do you keep track of your measurements? sometimes the scale isn't the best way to track progress

Ms. Cyone January 16, 2011 at 8:09 PM  

Scales can be idiots, you still look amazing and I loved this challenge, you gave me the motivation to keep weighing in each Friday even if I was having a bad week, I maintained 23.6 lbs off my original weight and thats thanks in part to the challenge. I've got 6 weeks to vacation too, and I'm planning on losing 25lbs before I leave, so I'll be keeping up with your blog to see how you get ready. Be proud of all you've accomplished, you're definitely an inspiration!!!

Carla January 17, 2011 at 11:07 PM  

I'm right there with you. I've managed to lose and gain and lose the same 5 pounds over the last 14 weeks. Ugh!

Down 1.2 pounds this week for a total of 5.6.

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Line!

Powered by Blogger.

Designed By Diamond Jenrette at Diamant Interactive Studio 2010. Template by OurBloggerTemplates