How Low Can You Go

The Glass Is Half Full

>> Tuesday, January 8, 2013

     I am back at it and I am not going to let me get the best of me.  I have always been my worst critique.  Yesterday, I was at the grocery store waiting at the fish counter (I was getting some tilapia fillets for lunch and dinner) when I saw the parent of a student.  We exchanged "happy new year's"  and then she commented on how much weight I had lost and how I am really an inspiration to the students (I teach at an all girl school).  Her daughter has been at our school for all 5 years (Quebec High School is from 7-11, we don't have middle school), so this women has seen me at my highest and lowest.  I always forget that I was once at 272 and that I have made progress.  I am always mad at myself that I have not come farther in the time that has passed, but at the same time I tend not to give myself the credit that I deserve for keeping off most of the weight that I have lost.  It is so hard for me to take a weight loss compliment and I get so shy when anyone says anything.  All I can say is "thank you", but I really wish sometimes that people would not say anything.  Am I crazy?
     I am 2/2 for the morning workouts!  I have been going to bed earlier and getting up earlier to hit the gym at around 6:15 am. Today I did a 45 minute spin class and then I did some leg presses.  Can you believe that I can leg press 270 pounds *brushes shoulders off*.
     I am really going to try and stick to eating fish for the next few weeks and stay away from meat.  They have bass fillets on sale so I am going to try those tonight with some zucchini on the side.
    I am still struggling on the water front.  I am drinking more herbal teas (David's Tea chocolate chili chai is the bomb.com).

Let me pray that 2013 will be the year that I FINALLY get under 200 pounds.

Have a great day!

3 comments:

Ro January 8, 2013 at 9:46 AM  

I understand your frustration trust me..but that time has passed and you are on track now soooo..Lets do this.
You WILL get under 200 :-) :-)

Dee Dee January 8, 2013 at 10:25 AM  

Great job! You will be in onederland soon!

Mizz White January 8, 2013 at 2:57 PM  

Glad you are back and on track. I pray this is the year we both get under 200.

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Line!

Powered by Blogger.

Designed By Diamond Jenrette at Diamant Interactive Studio 2010. Template by OurBloggerTemplates