How Low Can You Go

Addicted To Catfish

>> Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Finally made it to the gym. 

    Can I just say that I am addicted to Catfish.  That show has me mesmerized   Like a car crash on the 401 I just cannot look away. For those of you that don't know, Catfish is a reality show on MTV in which people who are in online relationships write the host to finally meet their "love".  As you can guess the person that they have been talking to for months or years is never what they seem.
 I am amazed that someone can be in a relationship with another person for YEARS and not meet them in person.  Also, when you have to STEAL or BORROW another person's pictures because you are not comfortable with your own then you have a problem.  How can people live with themselves when they are living a lie? Or making fake profiles because it is "fun" and having people fall in love with you?  That is just wrong.  IF you haven't seen the show, just check out one episode...

 Let me tell you a little story....

Does anyone remember Black Planet? For those of you that don't know, Black Planet was like Black Facebook back in 2000.  Everyone had a profile.  I was seeing this guy (R) and then one day I got a message from another guy (X). X was telling me that he knows R and R doesn't really care about me blah, blah, blah.  So I asked R if he knew this guy and he didn't.  After a few weeks it all came out in the wash. X was actually R's ex-girlfriend who had made a fake page because she was jealous and wanted to break us up!???  Can you believe that !  I swear people have to much time on their hands and the internet just makes it worse, go get a hobby!

Hope that you have a great day!

And if you live anywhere near Montreal dress warm this -35C weather is not a joke!


3 comments:

Toya January 23, 2013 at 11:01 AM  

OMG Black Planet!!! Wow a blast from the past! Hello Im a new follower to your journey! You can reach the goals girl!!!! If you have time check out my blog!

Toya
www.kismetandkilograms.blogspot.com

Miesha Roshawn January 23, 2013 at 2:01 PM  

Catfish is very addicting smdh! Oh and I met my girls' dad on Black Planet...womp womp womp!

Mo James April 7, 2013 at 1:45 PM  

I remember when Blackplanet was ORIGINALLY called "Net Noir" in the late 90's. It's interesting, however, that you're all speaking of Blackplanet as if it no longer exists...? I have an ACTIVE profile on Blackplanet that I've had for 12 years. I mostly use it for networking now. Of course, nothing is as popular as Facebook, which is why I don't use BP as often anymore. But, I still visit the site 3-5 times per week... versus Facebook, which is more like 3-5 times PER DAY.

Are you sure you guys are not remembering Black Voices? It eventually became "AOL Black Voices" about 10 years ago and then just kinda PHASED OUT....?

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Line!

Powered by Blogger.

Designed By Diamond Jenrette at Diamant Interactive Studio 2010. Template by OurBloggerTemplates