How Low Can You Go

Friday Mini Rant

>> Friday, January 18, 2013


     Sometimes I hate the gym.  No, it is not what you think.  Sometimes I hate the people at the gym.  The people that WORK at the gym.  Here is why.  Yesterday, I am minding my business getting my cardio in.  I had already done 30 minutes on the Stepmill (that mother is a biotch) and I was at minute 10 on the elliptical enjoying Four Weddings on TLC (I don’t have TLC at home so I try and watch it at the gym it I can).  When these two “trainers” approach me.

Trainer 1: Hi
Me (startled): Hey…
T1: This is Dominique, he is new here and is going to start training people.
Me: Hey…
T1:  Since I know that you are super nice and here often I decided to come over and say hello.
Me (In my head): Oh lucky me….
T1:  So you come here a lot eh? (Canadians do say eh)
Me:  Yeah, I try to come every day, you know try and get off that extra weight
T1:  Well you have lost weight since you have been here, what 15 pounds?
Me: No I haven’t actually I put on about 20...
T1:  No, no you haven’t
Me: Yes I have

PAUSE

Now this where I get mad, how are YOU telling ME how much weight I have or haven’t lost, mind your effin business.  That is one thing that I hate about this journey, people always try and size up my weight lose.  Things like, wow I never realized how big you were or do you really weigh that much? Are questions that erk me.  I have gained 10-15 pounds in the last year.  Please do NOT try and tell me that I haven’t.  You are not my clothes that I have to put on everyday, thank you very much.

That is the end of my rant. 

Thank you for reading and have a great weekend!

3 comments:

safire January 18, 2013 at 12:58 PM  

The guy was probably trying to compliment you and downplaying the weight you lost thinking it was a compliment.

I can see how it's annoying though especially when you are in there for a private workout. I hate too many bodies in the gym too. It used to intimidate me to no end!

Have a wonderful weekend.

Unknown January 18, 2013 at 8:37 PM  

Hmmm...I am with you on that. May I share my gym employee story?

So I am checking in at the gym and I gave the guy at the desk my debit card instead of my gym membership card. The guy at the desk says, this isn't your membership card, but how about we put some personal training sessions on this debit card!

I was just standing their stunned!

Beauty January 19, 2013 at 5:53 PM  

I love "Four Weddings" on TLC too and just can't get enough of it. Congratulations on your weight loss and it is really inspiring that you are sharing your story with others.

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Line!

Powered by Blogger.

Designed By Diamond Jenrette at Diamant Interactive Studio 2010. Template by OurBloggerTemplates