How Low Can You Go

Pole Dancing #fail

>> Wednesday, July 13, 2011


Remember the deal of the day I got yesterday? One month a studio for 20$ (regularly 100$).  Just a side not, if you are not on the deal of the day wagon you need to get on it!  You get daily emails about deals in your area and you only have a day (sometimes more) to purchase the deal. I have purchased massages, as well as received deals for places like Running Room and Body Shop. Go to sites like Living Social, Deal Find, Tuango or Groupon and check it out, they have deals on restaurants, gyms, spas and more.  Many times you are limited on many you can buy (usually one), but you can also buy as gifts.  It is really a great idea, especially if it is a place that you go to usually. Check it out!

Last night I went to pole dancing class. It was horrible.  I was so nervous about going, the only time I had done pole dancing was at a bachelorette party last year. The teacher walked in and I knew I was in trouble she was so strong and athletic, her biceps that could challenge Serena Williams. We started off easy, with hip rotations and plie squats.  That didn't last long.

We started of with the fireman swing, that wasn't too bad, but by the time we did the chair (imagine spinning around the pole with both legs up like you are sitting on a chair) and the arrow (one leg pointed and the other bent).  I was a lost cause.  The teacher even gave up on me, at first she would give me helpful pointers, but as she saw I was a sorry excuse for a stripper pole dancer, her comments ceased.  At 200+ pounds it is almost impossible for me to hold up my weight.  Nevertheless, I will try it a few more times, because it was fun. I am so used to doing everything I try, that when I find something that i am not good at it gets me mad.

By the way,last nigh my wrists and arms hurt so much that I thought I broke them.  This morning they are much better.  I also have bruises on my inner thigh, not sexy at all.

I am thinking of joining Weight Watchers to help me get rid of these last 35 pounds.  I went to the office yesterday and it looks like 60$ a month roughly.  Back in 2002 I had tried WW for a bit, I remember because I was around 252 then (wow I have come a long way...)

Any thoughts?

Boot Camp today around lunch time and then I am going to do some hill work with the Running Room.

Thank you so much for all your positive comments on yesterday's post, I got the warm and fuzzies, kisses and hugs to all of you!

7 comments:

ChiChi July 13, 2011 at 9:41 AM  

Kudos for getting the balls to even go to the class!!! Pole dancing is straight upper body work, so the fact that you were even able to hold yourself up to spin is awesome! The important thing is that you had fun. You will get better!

Anonymous,  July 13, 2011 at 9:42 AM  

Keep going to the class...it'll get easier for you. That's def on my list of things to do.

Miss Felicity July 13, 2011 at 9:43 AM  

That sounds like a great deal! And hey! I wanna see a before picture of you at 272 and you now. For inspiration purposes. I am at 266 right now....

LOVEOFMYLIFE1924 July 13, 2011 at 9:55 AM  

That's right go to more of the classes! Get your sexy on! I thought the class would be fun and sexy, sounds a bit challenging, who knew stripping, uh pole dancing was so complicated!

Anonymous,  July 13, 2011 at 10:02 AM  

When did a pole-dancing class last year I was the biggest girl in there.. and it was hard. And I had bruises all over my legs from banging so hard. And my arms hurt for weeks afterward. But it is super fun once you start adapting your body to the movements. Keep at it girl! You'll be improving before you know it!!

Shawn July 13, 2011 at 10:39 AM  

I've never done pole dancing...but I know its not for me. there is something about throwing my weight around on a pole that doesnt appeal to me. However bravo to you for giving it a shot! I hear its a good workout if its your kinda thing. If nothing else, its a fun way to shake up your workout! Have Fun...thats what its all about!

MS. Bad Mama Jama July 14, 2011 at 7:42 AM  

I loved taking pole dancing classes. I loved my instructor - she taught several fitness classes a week - runs 1/2 marathons regularly - and didn't have an absolutely "perfect" body. If the classes weren't so far away I would take them more often...The first time I tried it everything was sore after...My arms, abs, legs, my glutes...GREAT WORKOUT!

As for WW, I say try it...sometimes we just need a push/a shakeup in our routine to get to our next goal....

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Line!

Powered by Blogger.

Designed By Diamond Jenrette at Diamant Interactive Studio 2010. Template by OurBloggerTemplates