How Low Can You Go

A Few Words About The Detox

>> Monday, July 4, 2011

      Hey. Hey!  I have a had a few questions about the Detox that I just completed. I will take this post to answer those questions to the best of my ability.

  • What did the Detox involve?
    This was a 7 Day Detox, on days 1 and 2 all I had was water and or herbal teas (I drank alot of green tea).  On days 3-5, I added fruits and veggies.

  • Did you notice any changes besides the weight lose?
    I have to admit that I do look smaller, I must admit that my stomach is not as flat as I have seen it before, especially my lower stomach area. Not too sure what that is about *shrug*

  • How did you feel the first day?
     I will not lie, I was tired, I could not go to the gym and almost everyday I took a little nap.  The first day I drank so much and was going to the bathroom so much it was crazy. I did get a bit of a headache that went away after the first day.

   Today is my first day back to "real food", I am being so careful with what I put in my mouth not to undo all my hard work.  I had a quarter of a mango before heading to the gym for weights and cardio.  I then went to the grocery store to pick up a few things.  I eat oatmeal in the morning and usually put in brown sugar, I want to stop that so I bought agave nectar, I was torn between the agave and stevia, but the stevia was too expensive.  I really want to keep away from sugar as much as possible.

I came home and made egg whites with dill.  I had some organic salsa on the side.  I love when I buy something and I can read EVERY SINGLE ingredient on the back.  The salsa was on sale at the health store 2 big bottles for 4$.  They had a mango one but I chickened out and bought the black bean/corn one instead.

Tomorrow, I am suppose to go to the water slides, so I bought a watermelon to cut up and bring and I decided to make some hummus, which is a chick pea dip. you take a can of chick peas, lemon juice, garlic, olive oil (I added sesame oil, because I did not have Tahiti;sesame paste to add), I also added a bit of pepper sauce.  I will dip my baby carrots as well as cauliflower in it.

I have also started taking 2 bags of green tea placing them in a pitcher and adding hot water letting it seep and then placing it in the fridge.  Iced green tea on ice is refreshing and tasty, now that I have the agave nectar I can add a little.  If you have fresh ginger you can also add some and/or some fresh mint leaves.

I am going to try and hit Tabata class later, but not sure if that will happen.

Hope that everyone is having a great day!

7 comments:

Tim July 4, 2011 at 3:14 PM  

Congratulations on a great detox! Really enjoyed reading all your posts, you did great!

Alexia July 4, 2011 at 4:47 PM  

14 pounds?! Crazy! Any idea how you lost so much weight so quickly? Is that like water weight? I know health professionals seem to shy away from advising patients to do detoxes or cleanses...the whole thing seems a little controversial--would love to hear your thoughts though!

Miss Felicity July 5, 2011 at 8:35 PM  

Very controversial, I have heard nothing but negativity from people that I know. Regardless, i am starting my 7 day detox tomorrow.

I know pastors who literally fast food for 40 days for God and only consume liquids, also muslims who only eat at night, and there are also other people who day way worse.

2 days liquids and 5 days fruits and veggies is a great idea.

Miss Haneefa- I hope that you find a way to incorporate this upkeep of weightless and are successful without gaining back the 14 lbs because I am looking to YOU for inspiration :)

And... was it all water weight you think? Or legit, pounds ?

LOVEOFMYLIFE1924 July 6, 2011 at 7:51 AM  

Congrats on the weight loss lady! I know you can keep it up!!!

Anonymous,  July 7, 2011 at 11:34 AM  

You did well on that detox. I need to try it soon. Oh, I have a new blog addy.


http://dee-startingoveronceagain.blogspot.com/

Miss Felicity July 8, 2011 at 10:32 AM  

Ugggg Miss haneefa! I failed day 2. By the end of the night i was soooooo hungry I had a chicken salad :( wahhhh. And between the 2 days I only lost one pound, but Ill be weighing in today and posting day 3 tonight. Any suggestions???

Trina July 8, 2011 at 11:46 AM  

LOL @ Miss Felicity " Very controversial, but I'm starting mine...I'm starting mine tomorrow!

I am to much of a whiny punk to go two days without eating, but I think I want to try this! TRY I said...we shall see!

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Line!

Powered by Blogger.

Designed By Diamond Jenrette at Diamant Interactive Studio 2010. Template by OurBloggerTemplates