How Low Can You Go

Hands Up...

>> Friday, July 15, 2011

If you know what this is?




If you said foam roller, gold star! I used this at my gym today, it helps massage and stretch out soar muscles. All you have is roll over the part of the body that is soar a few times. Ever since pole dancing class (see previous post), my left shoulder has been so soar, rolling it out helped a lot. I first learned about the foam roller at the Running Room, if you run it is a great tool for any part of your legs. You can roll first thing is the morning or after a workout. Luckily my gym has a few in the ab area, so I use it after I work out, it feels so great. Next time you are at the gym look out for it and give it a try, let me know what you think? Better yet, if you have tried a foam roller, do you like it?

In other news, today is day 2 of life on Weight Watcher's. I am starting to see why I have not lost the last bit of weight, today I went to lunch with my mother and had muscles in tomato sauce with garlic, basil and peppers, with a side of fries and a soft drink. Oh let me not forget we shared a dessert. When I finished entering my points not only had I used the rest of the slotted points for today, I dipped heavily into my weekly points. Yikes! I am suppose to go for an Indian dinner later next week and I was suppose to use those for that. Hmmm I am going to have to plan better and make better choices. This are all starting starting make more sense.

Today I half assed my way through Body Design because of my shoulder and hit up hit yoga. Tomorrow, I hope I can make the 7:30 am 12 k run and then hit up bootcamp in the afternoon.

Have a great weekend! It is going to be a hot one!

3 comments:

Anonymous,  July 15, 2011 at 11:32 PM  

I love body rollers! Running Room sells a portable plastic one that looks like a plastic baton, but works wonders.

Yetti July 17, 2011 at 12:32 PM  

I've never tried foam rolling, but I think I shall start! I don't stretch as well as I should. And in regards to the point matter, Hey we all make mistakes, it's just important we learn from them, which is why you've decided to plan better right? :), I enjoyed reading your posts. I'll be back!

Tim July 17, 2011 at 3:56 PM  

I've always wondered what they were for. I see them in my gym all the time. I just assumed we use them to bop people on the head if they are on a machine for too long.

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Line!

Powered by Blogger.

Designed By Diamond Jenrette at Diamant Interactive Studio 2010. Template by OurBloggerTemplates