How Low Can You Go

Detox Challenge Day 6 and Today Day 7

>> Sunday, July 3, 2011

    Last night, I went over to a friend's house to help his sister paint.  When we were done he wanted to eat.  So he ordered some Indian food.  I did not even try to explain detox to a man, especially a black man, who thinks that I have already lost to much weight.  I ate some chicken and rice (I tried to limit my portion to one cup), but really I watched what I ate. I even said no to Timbits (they are these donut hole things)
     Today, I went to run with my running group we were doing 10K, it was steaming hot and it was only 9:00 in the morning.  At around 5.5K my upper back started killing, my left sole also started to bother me.  I stopped running and walking back to the store.  I am thinking that the upper back pain is due to my breast size.  I have large breasts and for most of my life they have been a pain in the ass.   I used to say that I wished breasts were like blood and I could donate to those in need.  I had hard time finding bras (to this day I go once a year to a specialty store in Toronto, were I get fitted and drop a few hundred for a few bras), inability to wear shirts with buttons, were as others looked at me in awe, I considered a breast reduction for many years.  At 19, I mentioned it to my doctor, he suggested I lose weight since breasts are mostly fat (Have you heard that joke? How do you make 5 pounds of fat look good? Put a nipple on it).   In the last three years I have lost weight and my breast size has gone down along with the rest of me, but they are still huge.  Today, the pain stemmed from my breasts, I am sure. 

    My right sole is a whole other story, I really think that I have planter fasciitis, ever since the Half Marathon a month ago, I have had pain in the sole of my foot, some days it is way better than others. I have tried rolling my foot and icing and I must admit that it is better. Has anyone ever had this? What measures did you take to cure it?

Day 1: 220.4....Day 2: 217 (-3.4)...Day 3: 214.8 (-5.6)...Day 4: 212.8 (-7.6)...Day 5: 210.6
(-9.8)...Day 6: 208.8 (-11.6)...Day 7 206.4 (-14!!!)

Woo Hooo.  14 pounds in 7 Days!  I must say that I am presently surprised. Now how I am going to keep at this?  I plan to continue eating fruits and veggies, but I will have to start incorporating protein. I will continue to stay away from carbs and limit dairy.  I am also going to try and not go back to juice and sodas.  I am only 3 pounds away from my lowest adult weight of 203! Ahhhhh crazy!

5 comments:

Monique July 3, 2011 at 5:15 PM  

Wow. So other than the weight loss, what differences have you noticed overall by doing the detox? I'm considering starting one myself next Friday and do it from Friday to Friday.

Miss Felicity July 3, 2011 at 5:58 PM  

Monique! I am also considering this detox. So Ms haneefa- Id like to ask the same question. Have you noticed anything else positive from doing this detox?

purple_moonflower July 3, 2011 at 6:01 PM  

Congrats on completing the detox. I hope your foot feels better. I totally understand the breast size and running (or any kind of activity) and discomfort. I love the Enell sports bra. It is ugly, but holds down my girls. I saw the detox on Tosca's blog and I am considering it. I may give it a go, with the hope that it jumpstarts my weight loss again.

Anonymous,  July 4, 2011 at 9:41 AM  

Congrats on your amazing loss! During Day 1/2 did you feel lightheaded or weird from only having the fluids? I want to try the detox but I've never done one before.

Healthier Me July 4, 2011 at 12:44 PM  

Congrats Super Woman!!! You did that! :D Wish I could join the detox train but I believe I would fall out from just eating fruits and veggies since I work outside =(

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Line!

Powered by Blogger.

Designed By Diamond Jenrette at Diamant Interactive Studio 2010. Template by OurBloggerTemplates