How Low Can You Go

Detox: The Aftermath

>> Monday, July 11, 2011

     Yesterday, marked one week since the 7 Day Detox.  My weight? 211.2, that translates into a gain of 4.8, am I surprised? No.  Let's be honest, I went from 7 days of eating only fruits and veggies and drinking water, to eating normally, I knew that there would be a gain.  I am really trying to work on losing from here, I still have issues with how much I can eat.  I think that I am not eating enough food. I am trying to track my food and exercise and see where I am going wrong.  I am also struggling with water consumption.

I have also incorporated the "Compliment of the Day".  Each day I write down a compliment that I get that day, I try to focus on weight related compliments, but anything will do.  For example; Saturday I ran a 5K and a girl I run with said, "You look like you have lost weight since the half marathon." Awwww thanks!  Try it!  Then when you are down you can look back on all the compliments.

This morning, I purchased a one of those deals of the day from Living Social for a studio near my place, 20$ for one month of classes.  They have pole dancing and erotic dancing, which should be interesting. They also have hot yoga, woot, woot!  I will keep you updated as I try the various classes, I am excited to try these classes.  I am always looking for something new.

I am happy to say that I am seeing more definition in my arms.  For as long as I can remember I did not wear sleeveless tops. Not because my arms are a flabby mess, more because of stretch marks, those of you who have been reading this blog for a while know that of all the things about my body, I HATE, loath the stretch marks so much.  I have WAY more than the average person and like air they are everywhere.  I would give back at all the weight I have lost and go back to 272 pounds if I could not have any stretch marks.  Now that my arms have a hint of tone, I am a bit better at wearing sleeveless, stretch marks and all, baby steps.

Not bad, not bad. At least the red smiley face is happy.

12 comments:

WooHoney July 11, 2011 at 1:16 PM  

Your arms look amazing. I am inspired by you.

Miesha Roshawn July 11, 2011 at 2:32 PM  

Keep up the great work girly! You're doing a fab job! I'd rather have the stretch marks than the weight, I guess it's a personal preference?

Thirteenlbs July 11, 2011 at 3:28 PM  

Wow, loookin good. I have arm stretch marks too. I can just SEE people when they look at them. Sigh. When I'm smaller they don't s how quite as much, but they still show.

Keep us updated on the hot yoga...

Tim July 11, 2011 at 3:29 PM  

You don't need to draw an arrow to the muscles, we can see them! Arnold Schwarzenegger would be proud of that tone! Check you out girl!

LOVEOFMYLIFE1924 July 11, 2011 at 3:38 PM  

Get it girl! Your arms look damn good!!! YASSSSS! Love the compliment motivation, that will definitely keep you motivated!

GFS July 11, 2011 at 4:31 PM  

I see your muscle! Go girl!

michelle July 12, 2011 at 12:35 AM  

Nice guns! I think I will take your advice on the remembering the complements I have been given

:0)

Trina July 12, 2011 at 12:43 AM  

BOOM! My arms do not look like that, more like wings! You look marvelous! I like the compliment a day idea!

Mitzi July 12, 2011 at 7:50 AM  

Look at those guns!!!! Show them off gurl, I ain't mad atcha!!!

Ro July 12, 2011 at 8:22 AM  

oh HEEEYYY Haneefa's arms. :-)
lookin good and I LOVE your attitude!!!

Healthier Me July 12, 2011 at 11:54 AM  

Lady didn't you lose 14lbs in that 7 days? So a 4lb gain can kick bricks! That's still 10lbs that you kept off after going back to eating normally which is freaking awesome!!!
I'm so jealous of your arms! Wanna trade? LOL I still have the old lady granny hang under mine.
Keep showing that weight whos Boss!!! :D

Shawn July 13, 2011 at 9:08 AM  

Congrats on your progress! Love the compliment a day idea!

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Line!

Powered by Blogger.

Designed By Diamond Jenrette at Diamant Interactive Studio 2010. Template by OurBloggerTemplates