How Low Can You Go

Questions...

>> Wednesday, December 1, 2010

     I tried to reach 50K in November, but that was a baby fail, I made it to 28 K, not bad, not bad .  Now, December is here, I am back at it and I am hoping for 85K, I am going to register for the Ottawa Half Marathon in a few weeks, it is at the end of May, I am excited and nervous.  That will make one year of running.  Can you believe that!
  The next question is can I run 85K in December? Impossible? NEVER! Today I did 8K, hahahahaha, run and tell that, homeboy.  
     Can I just say that I hate when people tell me I can`t do something.  That makes me want to work harder.  Today at running I told a lady that I want to run a half in May.  She looks at me and then says, ``Ewwww, do you think you will have a enough time``  Yes, biatch, I can do it.  That is what people said about me in the 10K and look at me now biitchesssssssss!!!!  Don`t let those hater bitches get at you!  Whatever you wanna do you can do it!  You wanna run a 5K, get it!  I am gonna Barack you--- YES YOU CAN!
     I was reading an old VIBE magazine and at the back they had a section called 20 Questions, so I decided to do my own...

  1. Why do I always aim so high and not meet my goals?
  2. Is it just me or are cell phone charger cord too short?  Would it hurt to add an extra foot or two to the cord?
  3. Why is every movie in 3D now?  Enough!  Can't I just watch a movie the "old fashioned way"?
  4. Why are there no black shows on regular TV? Remember Fresh Prince? Family Matters? 227? Amen?  Even Sister, Sister. They need to bring those back or make some NEW shows showing black families with values.
  5. Can shoe stores please order more than ONE pair of size 10's, I hate that by the time I get there, there are none left.
  6. Did Haiti make a deal with the Devil and not make a payment?  My heart really goes out to them, Earthquakes, Cholera, botched election, to quote Warren G,"...damn, what's next?"
  7. Lil Kim vs. Nicki Minaj: Do we care?
  8. Speaking of Nicki Minaj, can someone get her a map or a globe or a history lesson: "I was a geisha, he was a samurai, somehow I understood him when he spoke Thai."  Ummm Nicki, samurais and geisha's are from Japan.
  9. Don't you notice that your phone will not ring ALL DAY and then when you are on the phone all these people are calling you?
  10. Why is the weather nice during the week and crap on the weekend?
Sorry, don't have 20, I have 10.

People at work say that I look like I lost more weight, little do they know that is not true. I guess it is because they didn't see me for a month.   I am still chasing 207 and I am not there yet. 

Lululemon is hosting another free Zumba class on Saturday with one of my favorite teachers, she stopped teaching because her son was very sick, but now he is better, so she is back to teaching, YEAH!

I am not sure how I am going to be after the race Saturday morning, but I have not had a class with her since May, so I am really going to try and make it.

Hope that everyone is having a great week.

P.S.Give something to someone today, make coffee for a co-worker, smile at a stranger, or let someone in ahead of you in line at the store.

8 comments:

MayaB12 December 2, 2010 at 1:43 AM  

Are you in Ottawa? Love that city!!! I've been stalking your blog for a while - I admire your determination!!!

Carla December 2, 2010 at 3:46 AM  

Haneefa, I must say, you are bad ass. You're talking about running a race on Saturday, and then going to Zumba? Could you send some of that motivation my way?

I'm lucky to squeeze in a few workouts a week, let alone the 2 or 3 you do in a day! Keep up the great work. You are an inspiration.

Shannie (akaSolidice242) December 2, 2010 at 7:51 AM  

I am Bahamian but we watch a lot of American television, the only black tv shows I can think of that I see on tv now is by Tyler Perry, Meet the Browns and House of Pain. Ice Cube has "Are me there yet."

I know that you can do anything you set your mind to do. Good luck with making that 85k this month I am tired just looking at that number...lol

LOVEOFMYLIFE1924 December 2, 2010 at 9:53 AM  

Miss Haneefa! I laughed out loud twice while reading today, girl bye! You are hilarious! Get it girl on that 85K! Love the motivation, the drive, the determination! You are such an inspiration! Keep it coming girlie and I'm telling you before you know it that scale will drop you are doing what you need to make it happen, don't stop!

Candace Best December 2, 2010 at 2:24 PM  

Alexia (Dimple Snatcher) mentioned your blog to me and I'm glad she did! This post was Hilarious. I was crackin' up. I can't wait for your next one!

michelle December 2, 2010 at 5:44 PM  

Hey lady, I loved your 10 questions. I can especially related to #5. I am a size 10 and I love shoes but I hate going shoe shopping because my size is never there. That sucks!

Great job on the workouts! I love how you tell those haters where to go.

erica December 2, 2010 at 8:46 PM  

You are absolutely fabulous. Obviously you have been able to reach so many amazing goals.

xo

Ro December 2, 2010 at 9:08 PM  

*sniggles* high fives and snaps!
Damn right you can and I too love to shut folks up!!
The 20 questions -n VIbe was my fav...now yours are...lmao
*why is it that strangers lift us up and encourage and everyday peeps always got slick shit to say?
Tomorrow is Friday and your post made me smile...tnx

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Line!

Powered by Blogger.

Designed By Diamond Jenrette at Diamant Interactive Studio 2010. Template by OurBloggerTemplates