How Low Can You Go

Santa Shuffle: Fun Times

>> Sunday, December 5, 2010

   This morning I ran the 5K Santa Shuffle.  The temperature was -2C with the wind it felt like -6C. 
On the way to pick up my race kit


The race itself was not bad.  The first 1.5K was all up hill and it was icy, I was cold and not a fan.  After that I started to warm up and kilometer 2-3 was downhill and I loved it.  We turn around at kilometer 3 and headed back uphill for the rest of the race, that was not so easy.

I finished with 33:50 not bad.  For a brief second at the end of the race I thought I was going to throw up because I always push to the max in the last 50 meters.

Tomorrow is my long run 8K.  My friend had the best quote for winter activities:

The is no bad weather, just bad clothing.

so if you are dressed properly, winter is your oyster!



At the beginning
At the end, you can't tell but I am sweating like a mofo.
Montreal, from the top of the Mountain


When I left the snow really started.

All in all a run time.  Next race, Resolution Run, New Year's Eve.  I REALLY want to be under 32 minutes!

Just came home from glow in the dark mini putt, SO FUN!

6 comments:

Alexia December 5, 2010 at 12:30 AM  

girl you killz me. i ain't never running in so cold weather! so i'm living vicariously through you :)

you're doing amazing. thanks for the inspiration. i'd love to run in warm ;) weather someday.

Shannie (akaSolidice242) December 5, 2010 at 7:09 AM  

Congratulations on your run. But there is no way I would have gotten out my bed to run in COLD weather... You are brave!...lol All jokes aside well done! I am impressed.

Tim December 5, 2010 at 7:52 AM  

Well done!

I felt cold just looking at the pictures so for you to be out in it doing a 5k either makes you crazy or inspirational!

Good luck with the 8k!

erica December 5, 2010 at 5:32 PM  

You look absolutely adorable! Fabulous race!

xo

LC December 5, 2010 at 11:19 PM  

"There is no bad weather, just bad clothing." This is an excellent quote! Congrats on your race! I'm glad to see that I wasn't the only one running in the cold on Saturday. :)

MegFordice December 7, 2010 at 9:13 PM  

Congrats! You Canadians are crazy!

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Line!

Powered by Blogger.

Designed By Diamond Jenrette at Diamant Interactive Studio 2010. Template by OurBloggerTemplates