How Low Can You Go

Exercise is the New 20

>> Thursday, December 2, 2010

  Today, was a good day. I felt strong and energetic.  I went to Legs-n-Arms class and there were 5 of us (one lady came half way through).  The instructor asked me if I ran track in high school, because I have legs like a track runner.  I told him that I had only played a bit of rugby in college.  I took that as a major compliment because track stars have great legs.
  We did tons of drop sets, start with 15 or 12 pound dumbbells and then drop to a lower weight for 3 or four reps. We performed lunges with bicep curls, squats, tricep work and more, it felt great, I was sweating like R.Kelly at a high school cheerleading practice.  The lady that came late asked the instructor if he could stay and work an extra half an hour to make up for her lateness.  He accepted and I told her that I would stay with her, if I could.  At the end of the Legs-n-Arms, another lady asked if it is true that I did 3 classes last Saturday (I guess word gets around).  I told her yes.  One of the men then asked me my age.  He says that the other man was convinced I was in my early 20's because I had so much energy (I told her that I just have no kids! Ha!).  I told him I was 30 and he said that I looked damn good.  I was smiling from ear to ear and I told him he made my night.

P.S. Hold the door open for someone today.

2 comments:

Ro December 2, 2010 at 9:53 PM  

Girl you make me wanna do some shit that I KNOW will hurt....lol.
I did something nice for someone today....I refrained from jap slapping my co-worker. *baby steps*

LOVEOFMYLIFE1924 December 3, 2010 at 10:17 AM  

Haneefa! Love your posts! You crack me up! But, you are rocking in out on the workouts! Ever think of teaching any of the classes you go to? I've been thinking of teaching my spin class!

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Line!

Powered by Blogger.

Designed By Diamond Jenrette at Diamant Interactive Studio 2010. Template by OurBloggerTemplates