How Low Can You Go

Get Me Some Jam, I'm On a Roll!

>> Sunday, December 5, 2010

      Maybe it is because Christmas is coming, maybe it is because I am feeling really good after the surgery, maybe it is because the scale is FINALLY going down , but I am full of energy and loving it!

I got up this morning for our group run, it was -5C (-13C with the wind)  when I heard this I wanted to go back to my warm bed. But I didn't.  I put on my newly purchased base layer pants and long sleeved top.  Another pair of running pants on top.  A long sleeved Reebok top on top, my socks, some gloves, a scarf and a headband.  Let us not forget my windbreaker jacket.  I was ready to run with Father Winter.

The first 10 minutes was cold, but that is normal.  I was told that you should always start of a little on the cold side so that you work harder, your body also increases by 10 degrees when you run, so you do not want to be too hot at the beginning.  After that I was sweating.  I was at the head of the pack many times and this was a great feeling.  A few months ago, I was at the back.  I am so happy that I am making improvements.  We did 9.5K!  AMAZING!  The road was super icy, so we really had to be careful.  Some of us treated ourselves to a hot chocolate and a nice chat at the end of the run.

What a great run, once it got started it was really beautiful.

How did I do with activity last week?

M-Muscle Up, Zumba Done!
T-3K, Zumba Nope!  Too tired
W-Run with co-worker Yes! 4.4K/Hill Training Not quite the weather was bad so we did a 4K run
T-Legs and Arms/Muscle Challenge Yes!
F-REST Yup!
S-5K RACE!  Yup!
S-8K Nope, 9.5!

5 days of activity!  Excellent!

This week:
M- Muscle Up, Zumba
T-Run with co-workers, Zumba?
W-Hill Training
T-Legs and Arms, Muscle Challenge
F-Run at work
S- Tight and Toned, Zumba and Muscle Challenge
S-9K run

Looks like a busy week, I love it!  Holiday time is upon us, I know that many of you have Christmas parties, read this post to help you stay on task!

Happy Sunday!

5 comments:

Ro December 5, 2010 at 12:03 PM  

Way to GO....yeah you on it and I can like feel your energy through your words if that makes sense!!!
Whooo hoooo!
9K + in the cold icy weather...your AMAZING
Keep it up and keep that scale moving. You've motivated me to get up and get a workout in :-)

Gabby December 5, 2010 at 1:10 PM  

Hi.
I couldn't find the button to send you a message, so sorry this is in your comments.

Would you mind telling me about your time in Japan, and any tips?

erica December 5, 2010 at 5:32 PM  

daaaaang girly! Way to go!! Seriously you are so amazing!

xo

ERICA December 5, 2010 at 9:27 PM  

Way to go! you sure are rolling rolling rolling on a river. Do you have a running plan you've followed? I'm looking at some by Jeff Galloway.

LOVEOFMYLIFE1924 December 6, 2010 at 10:36 AM  

Truly my inspiration girlie!! That's awesome!

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Line!

Powered by Blogger.

Designed By Diamond Jenrette at Diamant Interactive Studio 2010. Template by OurBloggerTemplates