How Low Can You Go

Feeling Good

>> Thursday, October 20, 2011

     Yesterday was a great day.  I got in my 30 minutes on the step mill (this machine is so hard, but I love it).  I then did 100 leg raises and headed to meet my group for a 5K run.  The run went well, the weather was cool but pleasant and I can really see that I have made improvements in the last year as far as running goes, I have more stamina and I am not as tired when I am done.  The only problem is that after I do all this exercise I am famished.  I am trying to choose healthy snack options and I had a almond, sunflower seed, dried cranberry mix (about a handful of eat in a bowl) and that satisfied my hunger.  Today my legs are in pain from the Athletic Training class that I did on Tuesday, I am not going to complain too much though, I welcome that pain it means that I am working hard.


     Winter is fast approaching and one of the things that I love to do in winter is take a long hot bath after a long day.  I was reading an article about adding essential oils to your bath.   By adding essential oils to your bath you can awaken your senses and the smells can help relax you and the oils can have contact with your skin and help sooth your body.  Here is a list of a few oils and what they can do.


Juniper berry: great to use if you are feeling low on energy, helps to reduce anxiety and emotional overload.


Rosemary: helps relieve muscular pain


Cedar wood: helps to focus the mind, helps reduce stress and nervous tension


Roman chamomile:  helps to reduce headaches, insomnia and can treat dry skin.


Apart from oils, salts can also be great in the bath.  I am a big believer in Epson salt baths.  If you have sore muscles, run a bath with 2-3 cups of Epson salts (I like the ones infused with eucalyptus) and just relax.  If you want you can light a few candles and play some Boys II Men  soft music.  I guarantee that you will feel like a new person once you are done.


Tonight, I have a few errands to run, since I am leaving for NYC tomorrow, but I am going to try and do those before and then head to the gym to get in my workout; 1 hour cardio, core training class, easy yoga class.


Have a great day! 

3 comments:

michelle October 20, 2011 at 3:11 PM  

Wow! 100 leg raises. Congrats! on coming so far with your workouts. I also like taking long bubble baths. Its sooo! relaxing :)

Gina Anig October 20, 2011 at 10:23 PM  

Will have to give these post-workout baths a try. It's definitely the perfect weather for it!

SlimDownMike October 27, 2011 at 3:06 PM  

wow, great activity levels! Wish I was as motivated to get active as that. Good stuff.

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Line!

Powered by Blogger.

Designed By Diamond Jenrette at Diamant Interactive Studio 2010. Template by OurBloggerTemplates