How Low Can You Go

Earphones and Photos

>> Thursday, October 13, 2011

   

     HELLO!  How are you my lovely readers?  I hope that this email finds you happy and healthy.  I headed to the gym after work to get a little workout in before I met up with my running group.  I get into the parking lot and I am missing my earphones!  Uh Oh!  If there is one thing that I must have when I workout it is my music.  Not even my iPod because at least I can plug the earphones into the TV connected to the machine and watch a show while I workout.  I looked high and low and I must have not put the earphones in my gym back.  I head to a furniture shop next to the gym that also sells electronics.  Hey you never know.... they might have earphones for sale.  NOPE.  I head to a fitness depot across the street.  Do YOU have earphones NOPE.  At this point I figure it is not meant to be so I just head to my running group.  The moral of this story is that I am going to go to the dollar store and keep a cheap pair of earphones in the glove compartment in case something like this ever happens again.


     I went to run with my group and we did a 7k steady run.  It was great.  I ran with this girl that I see often that is super nice we had a great chat and a great run.  We talked about running the Ottawa Half Marathon next May.  Speaking of Ottawa Half Marathon, I got the picture that I ordered in the mail last night, but it was bent!  UGHHH!  I was infuriated. I spent 20$ on a baby 5 x 7 photo to have it come in the mail bent, when it CLEARLY says on the envelop in 25 point font bold, DO NOT BEND PICTURE ENCLOSED.  I called the picture company today and they are going to send me another one.  I hope that this one comes in better condition.


Tonight, I am going to try and get in an 8K run.  I am logging my kilometers and I am trying to increase my total by 10% each week.  I am going to try and run 8k today and tomorrow, for a weekly today of 23k.  I am going to take a rest on Sat and head out on Sunday for the 5k race.


Have a great day!

3 comments:

Carnisha October 13, 2011 at 8:09 PM  

I'm so impressed with your runs! And I had to laugh when I read about your headphones because I had the same issue in a 5k last week!

Gina Anig October 13, 2011 at 10:11 PM  

I absolutely love reading about your workouts. I want to be a more consistent runner, build up distance, and you are an inspiration!

Tim October 14, 2011 at 6:09 PM  

Ugh! I am ALWAYS leaving my earphones behind which makes the workout twice as difficult. Good idea about getting a cheap pair, i'm going to do that next time I pass the pound shop!

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Line!

Powered by Blogger.

Designed By Diamond Jenrette at Diamant Interactive Studio 2010. Template by OurBloggerTemplates