How Low Can You Go

Peek-A-Boo! I'm Here!

>> Friday, May 18, 2012

   I don't know why I haven't been posting.  I have been reading and even commenting here and there, but I just haven't been posting.  Let me work backwards and tell you what I have been up to:


Today--The weather is beyond beautiful and we are playing Teacher vs. Student soccer at lunch, we are going to get our asses handed to us on a platter because the girls at our school are really good.  After school I am heading for a quick run and bootcamp and hot yoga may be in my future also. I haven't done hot yoga in so long that I am scared that I will not be able to do anything anymore.  I really need to get back into yoga.


Yesterday--I went to Core Conditioning.  My wrist is feeling much better but I am still going to have to get a cortisone shot in July.  I am so happy that I can lift weights again without (too much) pain.  I went to the mall and ran into an old trainer.  He said "what happened to the big transformation?"  My first reaction was to get mad, but then I told him that it has been 2 years and I have pretty much maintained the weight I have lost and I can live with that for now.  I told him that I am still training and that I have taken up running and I am running my second half marathon next week.  Let me tell you that he was impressed with that!  Heck, I am still impressed with myself!


Wednesday--Played Teacher vs. Student basketball at lunch and we lost 27-19.  I was sweating like a mofo (and it was only half court!), but it was super fun and I scored a few baskets. I also went for a 6K run after school.  Also signed the papers for my new apartment!  Yeah!  Moving July 1st, so excited.


Tuesday-- Made it to Athletic Training.  We had to be in partners and i was grumbling under my breath.  I HATE BEING IN PARTNERS!!!!!  Then my friends sister walked in and I said GOD IS GOOD!  We laughed and had a great class.


Sunday-- Ran 19K and almost died.  Towards the end of the run my body was breaking down.  My ankle hurt, my knees hurt, I was getting cramps.  I was all ready to give up and walk back but I pushed through.  One girl that was running with me was so nice, she said that if I wanted to walk she would walk with me.


That is what I have been up to.  The race is next weekend and I am excited!  I haven't tranined as hard as last year, so I am sure that I am not going to beat my time, but you never know right?


The weight is S-L-O-W-L-Y moving and I am really trying to watch my eating and make healthy choices.


Hope everyone has a great weekend!



5 comments:

Trina May 18, 2012 at 9:25 AM  

Congrats on your 19K! Thinking about running a 19K makes my hip and ankle hurt. Your're a beast.

Anonymous,  May 18, 2012 at 10:20 AM  

19K.....girl you killed that!

safire May 18, 2012 at 10:37 AM  

Great job getting your workout on! Good luck with your upcoming race and have a FANTASTIC weekend.

Tim May 18, 2012 at 4:35 PM  

I was going to write the same thing! So painful reading about it! Haha!

Overweight in SoCal May 18, 2012 at 6:59 PM  

Congrats on running the 19k and on your up caoming 5k :) YAY!

Hope you wrist full recovers soon :)

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Line!

Powered by Blogger.

Designed By Diamond Jenrette at Diamant Interactive Studio 2010. Template by OurBloggerTemplates