How Low Can You Go

18K: Boo Ya!

>> Monday, May 7, 2012

That is how much I ran yesterday!  I am really proud of myself.  The Ottawa Half Marathon is in less than 3 weeks and I  figured that I better get some long runs in.  I haven't done a run that long since December.  When I showed up at the Running Room for the run it was nice to hear everyone say that they were wondering where I was and how I had been.  The one thing that I did not appreciate is that people think that if you are not running with them that you are not running at all.  Here is a conversation that pissed me off:


Person X: Hey!  Long time no see.  Are you running with the half marathon group?
Me: Yup
Person X: You know that we are doing 18 K
Me: Yup
Person X: You know that is a lot?!  Are you going to be able to do it?
Me: Yup ----I walk away


I appreciate her concern, but just because I am not running here does not mean I am not running and also, I am a physically active person.  Maybe I have not been running the long distances but I can do it.  I have done it and I know that I can.  Granted I wasn't at the head of the group, but I wasn't the last on either.


On that note, after the run (it took 2 hours and 28 minutes).  I took a bath for 15 minutes with 2 cups of eucalyptus infused Epson salts.  I find that this really helps to relieve the pain in my legs.  I have to admit that today I am in pain and even my abs hurt, but it is a good pain.


Tonight I am going to try a muscle class and Zumba, I figure I better go with the momentum that I am feeling!


On another note, I took a 4 hour bartending class on Saturday.  It was so much fun.  I learned the proper way to mix all types of drinks.  I cannot wait to show off my skills.  I really love making drinks and whenever we have parties I am always the bartender.  I love coming up with yummy concoctions and this class just added to my knowledge.


Have a great Monday!



7 comments:

Miesha Roshawn May 7, 2012 at 11:09 AM  

Excuse her!! Byotch!! Great job!! I'm (still) not a runner...I respect your passion!

Christina May 8, 2012 at 2:31 AM  

Hi, Miss Haneefa. ;@). I like your blog, you're funny. Congratulations on your continued success.

Christina

Enyonam May 8, 2012 at 4:51 AM  

OMG! 18K. That is so fantastic! I would have stayed in a bath of hot water for 30minutes afterwards. lol!

Take your time and do things your way. Don't pay heed to any of those who feel they should dictate your workout styles.

Al May 8, 2012 at 7:33 AM  

You better get it!!

Trina May 8, 2012 at 4:29 PM  

~_~ <---That's me rolling my eyes. Miesha too too the words right out of my mouth...Beeyotch, please. How far is 18K?

Trina May 8, 2012 at 4:29 PM  

~_~ <---That's me rolling my eyes. Miesha too too the words right out of my mouth...Beeyotch, please. How far is 18K?

erica May 9, 2012 at 9:45 AM  

dang girl what an amazing job! You are such an inspiration! xo

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Line!

Powered by Blogger.

Designed By Diamond Jenrette at Diamant Interactive Studio 2010. Template by OurBloggerTemplates