How Low Can You Go

My THIRD Half Marathon

>> Tuesday, September 25, 2012

    Last Sunday, I ran my THIRD half marathon.   How did that happen?  How is it that I have done THREE half marathons?  I don't usually toot my own horn, but I am going to take a minute to do so.  I have been running for a little over two years now and I am proud to say that I may not be the fastest, but I am so happy with what I have accomplished.  Three half marathons, three 10k and a bunch a 5k races and I am still standing, I am still strong!
     This race went much better than then that I did in May.  My ankle was hurting a it, but not as much as it was in May.  I had new shoes and I really think that helped.  My only complaint was that I was cold.  I wore a short sleeved shirt because I knew that I would get warmer and I expected the weather to warm up.  The weather never warmed up and it was windy, since many parts of the race course was by the water.  I finished with a time of 2 hours and 42 minutes.  Not bad, not bad.  I have to admit that I did not train (I know bad girl) and in fact the last long run that I did was the last half marathon race I did in May (hangs head in shame).  I vow that I am going  to run the Half next May in Ottawa I am going to train like a mother and come out with a new personal best.  

Here are a few pics from the race:





The second and third pic crack me up. I did that when I say the finish line.

My legs are done, I am in so much pain.  When I laugh or cough it hurts also.  I guess that I really worked my core when I ran.  This week I am just walking on the treadmill on an incline to get back in the game.

You are suppose to rest for one day per mile ran.  But to rest for 13 days seems a bit much for me.  So I am just taking it easy.

Run club is going so well, I am doing some speed work and Bootcamp with the girls tomorrow.  We are having our first inter school race even next week, I will let you know how we do.

I am going to get back into racing.  I missed it so much.

Have a great day!

Thanks for your continued support

follow me on Twitter @misshaneefa

xoxo

12 comments:

Anonymous,  September 25, 2012 at 12:38 PM  

Way to go Miss H, I love the 2nd and 3rd pic.

safire September 25, 2012 at 1:01 PM  

Great job! Congratulations. I love the huge smile on your face :)

Dawnya September 25, 2012 at 1:12 PM  

Congratulations!!! I'm so excited for all that you are doing in your life. You are an inspiration to me. Keep going.

I can't wait to hear about the girls first race.

Unknown September 25, 2012 at 1:52 PM  

Congrats! Woohoo! 3rd half marathon! such the superstar!

JuliN September 25, 2012 at 1:54 PM  

Yay! Congratulations!! Long distanace running is so not my thing - I give you a lot of credit for completing your 3rd half marathon! What a wonderful example for your school run club.

Mizz White September 25, 2012 at 3:47 PM  

You go lady!!! One day I MIGHT be like you and run long distance...maybe! LOL

Tim September 25, 2012 at 4:07 PM  

Superb! You're such a huge influence on me deciding to run. I used to read your messages and think you're crazy with the distances you cover. I still think you're crazy BUT in an amazing kinda way! :)

Shawneda September 25, 2012 at 4:55 PM  

Congrats! Wow ...runners are awesome. Great job and pics!

Anonymous,  September 26, 2012 at 11:48 AM  

Congrats and love the pics!

Ashley September 29, 2012 at 9:03 PM  

I love your blog!! I followed u, follow back?
I'd really appreciate it <3
http://www.ashleythefashionguru.blogspot.com
<3

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Line!

Powered by Blogger.

Designed By Diamond Jenrette at Diamant Interactive Studio 2010. Template by OurBloggerTemplates