How Low Can You Go

Running Club is a Hit!

>> Thursday, September 6, 2012

Yesterday I had my first Running Club meeting with my students.  I was stunned by the number of students that I had.  About 30 girls came out, that is over 10% of our school population.  We went for a short 15 minute run just to get the girls accustomed, I also wanted to see which girls were stronger runners. Let me tell you that there are a few really fast girls.  A few had to walk for a bit, but that was no big deal.
I was really thankful to have another teacher with me to help with the group.  She stayed at the front and I stayed at the back.  It was really hot yesterday so the girls learned a few lessons right of the bat, they learned that you cannot dress to warmly, i.e. no pants (I explained to them that when you run it feels 10C warmer than the temperature is outside).  I also explained that they will have to bring water if it is going to be that hot again.

   We have a parent information night for the school last night and I saw a few parents of girls who had come to run and they said that their daughters were so happy with the club and they were super excited.  This made me feel like a million dollars.  I am elated to see young women getting active and having a good time.

It is almost the weekend!  Woot woot!

3 comments:

Anonymous,  September 6, 2012 at 9:49 AM  

Way to go Miss H, I love that you're helping your students learn the importance of being healthy.

Krissy September 6, 2012 at 6:44 PM  

That's great! What a wonderful thing to do for those kids!

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Line!

Powered by Blogger.

Designed By Diamond Jenrette at Diamant Interactive Studio 2010. Template by OurBloggerTemplates