How Low Can You Go

Gym Schedules and A Compliment

>> Tuesday, September 4, 2012

I hope that everyone had a great long weekend.  I went to a spa on Saturday and had a great time.  I had a mud wrap, a facial, a manicure and a pedicure.  I felt like a million dollars when I was done.  Funny how just a little bit of "me time" can make you feel like a new person.

I went to Bootcamp last night, it was killer (and I followed it up with Day 6 of the 30 Day Shred).  The gym has come out with their new schedule for the fall and I am not happy.  I am never happy when new schedules come out because they always make changes and there is always something that I do not like.  I get used to a certain teacher and when they change that I get upset.  They cancelled my Monday night Zumba and Monday night Bootcamp.  They added a class called "Sexy Dance" on Tuesday and you know that I am going to have to check that out.*sigh* so is life.

I was in the pharmacy the other day and an older woman walks up to me, "Is your name Haneefa?" 

"Yes."  I reply, meanwhile my mental Rolodex is working overtime.  Is this a parent of a students that I have taught? Is it a former co worker?  Is it a stalker?  I have a pretty good memory and she did not come up at all.

"I am Debbie B's mom."  Just to let you know that Debbie was my good friend in ELEMENTARY SCHOOL!  When I say that I look the same as I did when I was 10 I am not joking.  I have to find a pic of me when I was young and post it for you to see.

"I have seen you a few times and I was always tell Debbie that you are so pretty and tall and slim."   Woah, woah , woah pause. SLIM!  MOI!  WOW!  I find it so funny that people see you so different than you see yourself.  In a million years I would never call myself slim.

I am really trying to make a conscious effort to work on my hair.  I have been natural for a few years now, but I can never get any real length.  I am not a hairy person and I know that  I will never have long hair, but I am really going to try this month and get some growth.  I would like to have a big fro a la Measha Brueggergosman, a Canadian opera singer.
This is what I want!  Is that too much to ask for!

  I am very lackadaisical when it comes to my hair and I really need to pay more attention and take better care to get a bit more growth. 

I am also trying to go out more.  I would really like to be a happier person and part of that is going to be going out to new places and meeting more people.

I hope that everyone is having a great day!

3 comments:

Dawnya September 4, 2012 at 12:09 PM  

I hate when the schedules change too. It's like they are messing with me.

I agree...it is funny that people see us different than we see ourselves. When I was over 300 lbs..I saw nothing but cute and sexy...I'm sure others did not agree...Now at 255..I see nothing but flaws...like ugh...I look a mess. Others see me as getting slim and sexy...I want to call them blind bats. LOL

Have a great week.

Shawneda September 4, 2012 at 12:24 PM  

Schedule changes and teacher changes are uncool...looking forward to hearing what you have to say about the "Sexy Dance" class. Those can be fun. Congrats on the compliment!

Enyonam September 4, 2012 at 12:43 PM  

It's great for someone to see you as slim. Especially when you don't see yourself as such :-).

Feel good about it girl. You deserve it!

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Line!

Powered by Blogger.

Designed By Diamond Jenrette at Diamant Interactive Studio 2010. Template by OurBloggerTemplates