How Low Can You Go

Getting My Sh*t Together

>> Thursday, March 29, 2012

     I cannot take this anymore.  Like the little yoddling mountain man on that Price Is Right game, my weight is climbing and it is getting out of control.  I have worked to hard over the years to let all my hard work go to hell.  I am putting a stop to this now.  My wrist feels 80% better, so I am going to suck it up and head to the gym, it has been over 3 weeks.  After school today I am going running with a friend and since I am going to be in my gym clothes I might as well go to the gym and see what I can do.

     The kitchen is the next area that I need to tackle.  I HAVE TO GET MY WATER IN!  Yesterday, I had 1.5L and that is a start, but I really have to drink more.   I need to stay away from the sweets, especially the baked sweets.

Stormy @Big Butt Theory  has posted 30 Days of Health Posts.  I am not the best writer but I like to be challenged and I like to explore new avenues with my blog.  Feel free to join in!

Here is an example of the first week:

Day

Prompt 
Sunday April 1
Health Time Capsule. Pretend you’re making a time capsule of you & your health focus that won’t be opened until 2112. What’s in it? What would people think of it when they found it? 

Monday April 2 
Quotation Inspiration. Find a quote that inspires you (either positively or negatively) and free write about it for 15 minutes. 

Tuesday April 3 
Superpower Day. If you had a superpower – what would it be? How would you use it? 
Wednesday April 4 
I write about my health because… Reflect on why you write about your health for 15-20 minutes without stopping. 

Thursday April 5 
Ekphrasis Post. Go to flickr.com/explore and write a post inspired by the image. Can you link it to your health focus? Don’t forget to post the image! 

Friday April 6 
Health haiku. Write a haiku about your health focus. 5 syllables/7 syllables/5 syllables. Write as many as you like. 

Saturday April 7 
Health Activist Choice! Write about what you want today. (Maybe try a bonus prompt!) 


Sunday April 8 
Best conversation I had this week. Try writing script-style (or with dialogue) today to recap an awesome conversation you had this week. 

Have a great day!

6 comments:

safire March 29, 2012 at 11:27 AM  

Great job putting a stop to the upward trend! It is definitely reversible and you can do it :)

Ro March 29, 2012 at 11:59 AM  

chug that water!
you can do it and the 30 day challeneg is inspiring!

GFS March 29, 2012 at 12:25 PM  

Do you know how to swim? Maybe that can be your work out while you're wrist gets better?

(I'm not judging if you can't swim...because I can't! )

Healthy living is literally a day by day (in my case...minute by minute) thing. One day at a time. That's what I decided to do.

I am now working out to Just Dance 3! LOL! I do six songs a day and then a zumba routine that I pinned on Pinterst (I'm not a gym member). My goal is to move everyday. If it's on a video game...than so be it. I work up a sweat!

I'm cheering you on!

Carbie Girl March 29, 2012 at 12:27 PM  

lol love the price is right visual.. and I know it all too well, am just now getting back on track myself. Hope your wrist doesn't give you too hard a time. <3

Finding Me, One Pound at a Time March 29, 2012 at 12:35 PM  

It is not easy sometimes but way to go with taking back control of it!! :)

Emily March 30, 2012 at 5:46 AM  

That it is girl... you get ya ass moving :D Woooop!!

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Line!

Powered by Blogger.

Designed By Diamond Jenrette at Diamant Interactive Studio 2010. Template by OurBloggerTemplates