How Low Can You Go

FRIDAY!

>> Friday, March 2, 2012

     Yesterday after Parent-Teacher Interviews (which was a waste of 4 hours, but that is a WHOLE other story) we went to eat, I had a chicken Cesar salad and cauliflower curry soup.  I didn't get a dessert, but I did taste a few at the table.  After that I still went to the gym even though I was dead tired.  It was 9:30 pm, so I did 20 minute incline workout on the treadmill and 20 minutes on the Step mill.  I finished with about 10 minutes of weights.  By the time I was in my bed at home it was midnight.  
     This morning when I woke up at 6:15 I said," Haneefa, this is not going to work today, you are going to burn myself out if you go to the gym in the morning and tonight." 
So I didn't go.  I am off until my trip, so I can get the twice a day gym in until then.  Scale said 220, so I am back at it, fighting the never ending battle. 
      Today is the last day before March Break so the gym teacher at school got a friend who teaches Zumba to come in last period and anyone in the school can come to the gym and dance.  I can't wait it is going to be so fun!  I also have  a run planned with a co worker!

Happy Friday!

11 comments:

mrsjarette March 2, 2012 at 9:50 AM  

keep up the good work...

Erin March 2, 2012 at 9:58 AM  

That's totally awesome about the zumba teacher coming in!!! And well done on getting in the workout last night even though it was late....a lot of people would have used that excuse to quit for the day but you pushed through!

Shawn March 2, 2012 at 10:09 AM  

burnout is not a good feeling...time off is a good thing, just keep it at a minimum. slow and steady wins the race. Have a good weekend!

Anonymous,  March 2, 2012 at 10:38 AM  

You are doing a wonderful job and I know the feeling about being burnout. Taking time off is great and just do small exercises like walking and etc. so whenever you are ready to hit it big again, you will be ready.

safire March 2, 2012 at 12:28 PM  

I've always wanted to try Zumba! I think it's always a good idea to listen to your body and not hurt yourself. You are doing so well on all fronts. Have a fantastic March break.

New Zealand was gorgeous. I was there a little over a week and took in the gorgeous scenery last year. I can't wait to go back (this time with my boyfriend)...one day :)

Emily March 2, 2012 at 4:14 PM  

zumba is fun! I'm keen to get the video or game so I can do it at home! woo! Well done on keeping up your intensity but noticing when you were over doing it!! Listening to your body is hard but we can do it!

Emily March 2, 2012 at 4:14 PM  

zumba is fun! I'm keen to get the video or game so I can do it at home! woo! Well done on keeping up your intensity but noticing when you were over doing it!! Listening to your body is hard but we can do it!

MS. Bad Mama Jama March 2, 2012 at 9:22 PM  

Have a great weekend! I took a break about a week ago too...It was exactly what I needed!

Tim March 3, 2012 at 9:48 AM  

cauliflower curry soup sounds delicious!

I hope the Zumba went well!!

Trina March 5, 2012 at 6:55 PM  

Keep fighting the good fight! Persistance not perfection.

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Line!

Powered by Blogger.

Designed By Diamond Jenrette at Diamant Interactive Studio 2010. Template by OurBloggerTemplates