How Low Can You Go

From The Heart

>> Sunday, May 15, 2011

It always seems impossible until its done.

Nelson Mandela


20 kilometers, 12.4 miles, that is how much I ran yesterday.  If you had told me this a year ago, I would have called you crazy and asked what you were smoking.  I still cannot believe it.  Last year I started running (read the post where it all started), and in two weeks I will be running my first HALF MARATHON, that is fucking BANANAS!  I went from running for 1 minute and walking for 1 minute (similar to a Couch to 5K program) and not I can run for 3 hours.  I cannot believe it, I have come so far.  I remember the days when I could not run on the treadmill, my back would hurt because of my breasts, my shins would burn.  Since I have lost weight that is all gone.  Granted when I reach 13K, my knees and ankles begin to cry a bit, but that is normal.  I am so proud of myself, I really cannot believe it.  I look at myself in the mirror and although I have gained weigh since my recent low of 209, I am fit, I am healthy, I am beautiful.  I often get asked if I ran track in high school (no), because I just have that shape.  I am very lucky that I am proportional enough that I do not look my weight (217), I guess that I am also blessed with a nice height also (5'9'').  I am happy that I am living a healthy lifestyle and I am also happy that I inspire others to do so also (at least I hope I do).

Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to read this little old blog and comment, it means the world to me.  Those of you that are struggling (I am there too), remember that you are doing this for you, you will see changes and you will not regret them.  Your family,  your future family, you have the opportunity to change their outlook on eating and activity.  You can change your family history, you can lower your blood pressure, you can lower your cholesterol.  You can be the size you were before you got pregnant.

Let me tell you a story about a pink and black shirt...

Once a time there was a cute pink and black shirt at a plus size store.  The only size they had let was X (smaller than 1X), at the time I wore 2X, but I loved the shirt so much that I bought it even thought it was tight and I said to myself one day this shirt would fit me.  As I began to lose weight pink and black shirt fit.  Last week I put on said shirt and I am now swimming in it.  I smiled to myself and remembered the feeling I felt when I paid for it and prayed that one day it would fit.

Everyone has a "pink and black shirt" in their wardrobe, something they want to fit into, YOU CAN DO IT.  Trust me it might take you 2 months or it might take 2 years, but you can do it.  Forget the nay sayers and the haters, let them hate, haters only hate what they cannot imitate.

Once again THANK YOU!  Keep doing what you are doing, I promise it will pay off!
p.s
Thirteenlbs these are burpees, they were invented by the Devil :o)



11 comments:

Anonymous,  May 15, 2011 at 8:45 PM  

You are so right. Oh and I agree burpees were made by the devil.

Healthier Me May 15, 2011 at 10:59 PM  

That is simply amazing! You inspire me to want to run! and I hate running!!! Well jog because I don't run lol. I think my main problem is breathing. I'm not sure how to properly breath while I'm jogging, could you share some of your tips? :D

Thirteenlbs May 16, 2011 at 12:28 AM  

lol thank you and CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous,  May 16, 2011 at 6:32 PM  

You are so awesome! Seeing how far you've come keeps me motivated, and I hope a year from now I can say I'm running 20km too!

LeeLee May 16, 2011 at 9:10 PM  

I am so HAPPY to see you are still running! You are really doing AWESOME!!! Congratulations on your run! I run my 1st 5K this Sunday & am scared stupid. I'm so happy I'm back and that you're still at! I missed you much! =) I have lots to catch up on and can't wait!

Anonymous,  May 17, 2011 at 8:02 AM  

Hey girly I gave you a blog award. See my blog for details. Have a great day.

Erin May 18, 2011 at 12:40 PM  

There's an award for you on my blog.

Yum Yucky May 18, 2011 at 3:03 PM  

Your success is so inspiring! I really need to get a 10K under my belt. I'm gonna do it!

ChiChi May 19, 2011 at 4:35 PM  

I am so happy for you! You are going to kick that half marathon's ass!! I'm also happy about the pink and black shirt! I have some jeans that I'm patiently waiting to be able to wear!

But I am so glad I read the quote you put at the top of your page! I have been going back and forth between going home after work or go to this hard ass class at the gym. Guess which one I'm going to do... :)

Mrs. Bradley May 23, 2011 at 8:53 PM  

Way 2 go. You area freakin rock star. Keep it up... I need you to keep me focused.

GFS May 27, 2011 at 4:07 PM  

I am soooo inspired by you! I've recently started getting my act together and I need to read posts like this daily!

And ummmm...I need you to keep up with your blogging...I needs it to motivate me!

(I get how the end of the school year goes...it's the reason for my lack of posting too..plus I workout in the evenings so I don't have time to do outfit posts lately)

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Line!

Powered by Blogger.

Designed By Diamond Jenrette at Diamant Interactive Studio 2010. Template by OurBloggerTemplates