How Low Can You Go

18K and Positive Self Talk

>> Tuesday, May 3, 2011



I did it. I ran 18K. It took 2 hours and 27 minutes but I did it! The weather Sunday was great, perfect running weather. The first 12 K were good, I was running with this great girl and we had tons of laughs along the way. When I reached the 13th kilometer things started to go downhill, my legs started to hurt and I felt that I could no longer continue. Then I remembered my first 5K race and I remembered how happy I was when I finished, I could do it. I did it! I finished. Today is another story my legs are in pain but it is a good pain. The race is in less than 3 weeks, all I have to add is 3k to my distance and then I am done!



This week we are working on speed work. Someone will run as fast as they can on the track and we will have to catch them for 1 -2 minutes, in essence we are playing tag.



Running Room puts out a magazine each month this month there is an article on POSITIVE SELF TALK, here are a few phrases to think of when you are having trouble:

  • I am in control of my own thinking, my own life and emotions and direct the pattern of my performance, health and life.
  • I am fully capable of achieving the goals I set today, they are within my reach
  • I learn from my problems and setbacks, and through them I see room for improvements and opportunities for personal growth.
  • Everyday in some way I am better, wiser, more focused, more confident and more in control
Have a great week!

P.S this was my Royal Wedding swag from last Friday;

6 comments:

Healthier Me May 3, 2011 at 9:31 PM  

WOW! I am truly amazed! 18k?? Really... 2 hours was long? Cause I know I wouldn't have finished lol I'd be on the concrete crying for my momma! Totally awesome! :D

Anonymous,  May 4, 2011 at 7:50 AM  

Way to go, I see you getting it in over there.

Ro May 4, 2011 at 8:47 AM  

18K....WOWZA....You are my running HERO! :-) :-)
Oh and you are SERVING me somethign serious with that that pic. Yas Ma'am!

ChiChi May 4, 2011 at 2:03 PM  

OMG, 18k in 2.5 hours, girl you are getting it in!! Keep up the good work! You are going to kill that half marathon!

Tim May 5, 2011 at 5:14 PM  

Seriously impressive!!! Even though I saw your twitter update, I am still gobsmacked at how far you ran. Brilliant, just brilliant.

Shannie (akaSolidice242) May 6, 2011 at 2:16 PM  

I will tell you this now if I had to run 18k I would still be running it a week later! So congratulations to you. Don't down play your success. Positive talk remember? I am such a believer of this.

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Line!

Powered by Blogger.

Designed By Diamond Jenrette at Diamant Interactive Studio 2010. Template by OurBloggerTemplates