How Low Can You Go

Back In the Game!

>> Wednesday, August 8, 2012

       I am finally back at 218.  Now it is time to work on getting lower.  My birthday is on Sunday (32 already!?) and my goal is to not gain over the weekend.  I have been doing well, shakes for breakfast, omelettes for lunch and meat and veggies for dinner.  My sweet tooth is still here, but I think that I am going to buy some Skinny Cow desserts to have at night when the sugar beast comes a knocking.  At least then I would feel too guilty if I am eating a 100-200 calorie snack.  I go back to work in less than two weeks and I would like to be 5 pounds down by Aug. 20.  That would put me at 213.

   I have Ultimate Frisbee again tonight, woo hoo!  I have been getting my one hour of cardio a day in, but my heart is not into it.  Maybe when I get back to work I will have a little more drive.  They are having an Olympic competition at the gym for the month of August. Basically you need to do 8 workouts in each of the following categories: boxing, athletics, gymnastics, cycling, rowing and weightlifting.  Each cardio box-esque class that you take counts are 1 boxing workout.  For athletics, you have to do 30 minutes on a cardio machine.  Zumba, pilates and yoga classes count as gymnastics, 30 minutes on a bike or spinning class, count as cycling.  15 minutes on the rowing machine will get you a rowing exercise.  Lastly, 30 minutes of weight training will count as weightlifting.  You can do more than one category in a day (ex. cycling and gymnastics), but you cannot do 2 of the same in one day (ex. if you do 1 hour on the treadmill, you will only get one ticket).  I have been participating and I am having fun, it forces me to try classes that I usually would not. Feel free to do something similar, it really is fun.

  What am I going to do when the Olympics are over?  I am going to have so many hours of TV free...LOL


7 comments:

safire August 8, 2012 at 6:11 PM  

Great job staying motivated! Happy early birthday :)

Shawneda August 8, 2012 at 6:15 PM  

Congrats on making it back to 218! Have a great healthy birthday adventure this weekend.

Overweight in SoCal August 9, 2012 at 1:37 AM  

Congrats on going back to 218.

Excited for you for frisbee night. Work those arms girls!!! And the Olympics thing through work sounds like a great way to try out things and stay motivated.

Keep up the great work. Always rooting for ya :)

Ondreu August 9, 2012 at 2:05 AM  

Congrats! You are on your way.
Have a Happy Birthday. 🎉👏👏👏

getting_fit_in_the_city August 9, 2012 at 3:27 AM  

Yay for getting back on track. Looking forward to your post :)

Unknown August 9, 2012 at 11:21 AM  

Congrats on your accomplishment! So you are an August baby! I knew there was a reason I like hanging around this blog! I'm the 22nd! So Happy early Birthday to us!

Christina August 10, 2012 at 12:22 AM  

;@) Happy Birthday. You're doing such a great job with your weight loss... Lol keep having fun.

Blessings
Christina

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Line!

Powered by Blogger.

Designed By Diamond Jenrette at Diamant Interactive Studio 2010. Template by OurBloggerTemplates