How Low Can You Go

Run and Tell That, Homeboy!

>> Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Today I went and bought a new running top. Guess what? It was a LARGE! boooyaaaa! Take that cookies! Non scale victory for the books!




Look how happy I am. Take that scale *two middle fingers in the air*



My running buddy and I went out in the blizzard for a quick run today. It really wast that bad. There was snow on the street but the temperature was fine. Other staff at work thought we were insane, I loved it.

Did you know that February is heart health month?

Here are a few ways to prevent heart disease (and stay all around healthy)

1. Prevent and control high cholesterol-- eat a diet low in saturated fat and high in fiber, keep a healthy weight and exercise regularly.

2. Maintain a healthy weight. This is the one I need to work on .

3. Prevent and control diabetes. Maintain a healthy weight ( do you see a trend here?) and exercise regularly.

4. No tobacco

5. Moderate alcohol use

6. Regular physical activity. Thirty to sixty minutes a day.

7. Diet and nutrition. Eating fresh fruits and veggies (I must admit that I much better at this especially the veggie part ). Lowering/cutting the amount if salt you add to food and eating less saturated fat.

More heart info to follow this month!

Have a great night!

Welcome to all my new followers!

3 comments:

Shannie (akaSolidice242) February 3, 2011 at 9:43 AM  

Congratulations on fitting a large! YAAAAY :D The scale totally sucks! You are a bit insane going out in the blizzard but hey you did it right? My grandmother was overweight and she died from complications of diabetes and heart disease at 60! She went from being really strong to immobile because of a stroke. We really have to take care of ourselves because poor health is no joke....

Crys February 3, 2011 at 4:48 PM  

Annnnd of course now Antoine Dodson's remix is in my head! You go girl!!

bigbrokebastard February 5, 2011 at 8:26 PM  

thats a sweet-looking top! I have a dri-fit shirt that i got when i did a 5k in 2009. I love the way it keeps the sweat off me and i can't run in anything else now (when i wear a cotton tshirt the running chafes my nipples...lol...tmi)...i end up washing it 3 or 4 times a week. the folks at the gym probably wonder if i have any other clothes...i should invest in a few more shirts...hopefully i'll get one when i run the shamrock shuffle 8k in april

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Line!

Powered by Blogger.

Designed By Diamond Jenrette at Diamant Interactive Studio 2010. Template by OurBloggerTemplates