How Low Can You Go

Gettin Punked At Old Navy?

>> Thursday, February 24, 2011

My first question is; does Old Navy make their sizes big? I ask this because I went there today for some vacation stuff (it is the only store with decent priced summer clothing at this time of year) and noticed a few things:
- the size 16 skirt fit, but not as close as I want. I have made this mistake before and ended up with a perfectly new skirt that was too big, so I went with the 14.
- the xl shorts fit nicely, but had to really pull on that drawstring. I just could not bring myself to try the large, I'm not there yet, as silly as if sounds.
- still looking for that "skin iron" these thighs need a permanent press (memo to self when I get back)

I went to Winners (Canadian TJ Maxx) and all the xl tops I tried were very comfortable.

Do I sound surprised? Because I am. I just felt that because I have not been on top my game in the last two weeks I figured I would not fit into clothing as nicely. In all fairness I am only up about 5 pounds, but still it feels kinda nice to not give a sh?t.

Like I said in previous blogs, right now I cannot be bothered with writing down what I eat, making sure I have at least three servings of veggies, blah,blah,blah...When I come back from vacation. I will get my mind right, refocus with new goals and rewards. Regular blogs, exercise, food journals and really focus on dropping these last forty pounds. The half marathon is coming and I want to be lighter and fitter, which will hopefully translate into faster.

Happy Friday!

4 comments:

anamarie,  February 25, 2011 at 12:24 AM  

the answer to your question: YES. old navy's sizes definitely run huge!

Anonymous,  February 25, 2011 at 8:40 AM  

Yup you bet they do! When I first starting loosing weight I went there to buy new jeans, since they usually have them on for $15 or so. I fit into a 12. Almost 5 months later and more pounds losts I'm fitting into a 12 in other stores. It was a nice ego boost..but only if I shopped there.

Tim February 25, 2011 at 10:40 AM  

Just in case I can't get online in the next day or so, I just want to wish you all the best in Trinidad. Have a wonderful time and have lots and lots of fun!!

Also take lots of pictures! :)

MS. Bad Mama Jama February 27, 2011 at 7:48 PM  

Yes...Old Navy run a bit big...OR everybody ele runs a bit small ;)

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Line!

Powered by Blogger.

Designed By Diamond Jenrette at Diamant Interactive Studio 2010. Template by OurBloggerTemplates