How Low Can You Go

A Mini Rant About Biggest Loser

>> Tuesday, March 5, 2013

     Last night I attended step class.  I forgot how fun it is.  This class was a bit advanced and they have been working on the routine for 4 weeks, but I am really proud with what I did.  I am pretty rhythmic and can pick up routines easily so I think that I did a really great job with the choreography.  Especially with all the turns and the crossover moves.   I love that step not only works your body but it also works your mind because you have to pay attention at all the steps and remember the choreography.
   This morning I did an hour of walking incline on the treadmill and I am going hit bootcamp this evening.
   Can I just rant a bit about the Biggest Loser?  This is the first time that I have actually watched the show from beginning to end. Last night was the makeover episode in which the gave each of the remaining contestants a new look.  The thing that REALLY irked me was that all the women were trying on new clothes in WAY smaller sizes that they had ever worn and all they are saying is, "I could have never worn a cute dress like this when I was bigger" or "They don't make cute things like this in my size/it doesn't look good on me in my size". Don't get me wrong I see where they are coming from, but I just have to be a bit mad that they COULD have worn cute stuff at a bigger size.  I see so many blogs of beautiful women who are bigger that are SO stylish it is unbelievable.  I have seen women that are more stylish that most people twice their size.  I think that you can be bigger and still dress like a boss. 

     My Biggest Loser Spring Break is a success so  far and I am down almost 5 pounds *high five*  I have a 7K run in my future tomorrow and I think that I am going to hit up hot yoga with one of the free passes that I acquired.

   I am really happy with the progress that I am making and I am just hoping that I can keep it up. I made some honey mustard salmon for dinner so I will pair that with some cauliflower.

Have a great day!

3 comments:

safire March 5, 2013 at 4:55 PM  

Even at my highest weight, I took particular care about my physical appearance since I didn't want people to assume just because I was x amount of weight, I would hide myself from stylish clothes. I tried to exude confidence but inside I knew I was kidding myself but I always looked put together.

You make a really valid point. I think self-love and confidence to rock a style is possible at any weight! :)

TJ March 6, 2013 at 2:42 PM  

I totally agree with your complaint about the Biggest Loser. I have a few others, too. Self-acceptance is a huge part of weight loss. I found that until I accepted myself and cared for myself at my highest weight, the scale didn't budge.

Joi @ Rx Fitness Lady March 7, 2013 at 9:18 PM  

Hi there! Just found your blog & browsed a bit. I'm a group fitness junkie! Teach it, take it, Love it! You are right about step challenging your mind as well as your body. I try to make step once a week. I love your healthy living weightl loss space here.

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Line!

Powered by Blogger.

Designed By Diamond Jenrette at Diamant Interactive Studio 2010. Template by OurBloggerTemplates