How Low Can You Go

Trinidad Carnical--Part 5--Top 10 Soca Songs

>> Sunday, March 20, 2011

Soca music is as much a part of Trinidad as roti or steel pan.  This year there were so many great songs.  I have a compiled a list of ten that I love, these are in no particular order.

1. Bend Over--Machel Montano



2. Come to Meh--Iwer George



3.Go dung--Lil Rick



4. Tow Ting--Cassi



5. Wine to the Side--Benjai



6. Illegal--Machel Montano



7. Ah Drinka--Ravi B


8. Iz A Trini--Benjai



9.  Carnival Jumbie--Blaxx


10. Wotless--KES


Let me  know what songs you like.

I hope you enjoyed this 5 part series on my trip, I really loved sharing parts of my culture with you.  We will be back to our regular blogging this week.

Just to let you know that I am still training for the half marathon in May, next Sunday I will be running 12K.  Now that the weather is getting nicer, it is a real pleasure to be outside and running.

I also came back from my trip 4 pounds lighter, it was all that dancing, I swear.

Have a great night!

2 comments:

Amanda@BustingThroughIt March 21, 2011 at 6:56 AM  

Thanks for sharing all this about your trip! Looks amazing :)

Congrats on the 4 lbs!

Shannie (akaSolidice242) March 21, 2011 at 11:58 AM  

That is impressive losing weight on a vacation! You deserve a pat on the back :D

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Line!

Powered by Blogger.

Designed By Diamond Jenrette at Diamant Interactive Studio 2010. Template by OurBloggerTemplates