How Low Can You Go

Grocery Shopping in The UAE

>> Wednesday, September 18, 2013

I went to the grocery store yesterday and it is so different than at home. First of all you know how in Canada you buy fruits and veggies and place them in the plastic bags and at the cash you enter the code and the price come up according to the weight? Well here you have to weigh them with a man in the fruit and veggie section, get a sticker and THEN gk to the cash to be scanned. The first time I didn't do this I just went to the cash and had to put all my fruits back because the line behind me was too long and I didn't want to wait in line again.


    Yesterday I got banana, mangoes, pomegranate, grapes and avocados. I saw the largest mangoes that I have ever seen in my life they were the size of eggplants!!! I also bought a small jar of natural peanut butter for less than 2$ Canadian. I am still having trouble in the yogurt section. I am not sure if when the yogurt says plain it is vanilla or plain. 

     I ran for 25 minutes on the treadmill. Skin am happy about that. I want to try 30 minutes tonight but outside. It is so hot I am not sure if I will make. I want to work up to an hour so that I can sign up for the 10l run in December.

   I am also trying to head to Zumba again tonight. 

Thanks for reading! 

3 comments:

sam terry September 23, 2013 at 7:20 AM  

Oh that veggie weighing thing happened on a holiday to Italy and it was TOTALLY annoying and embarrassing because their isn't a general rule..some stores weigh it for you and others want it weighed..and they DIDN'T SPEAK ENGLISH! LOL!!

Rach September 25, 2013 at 1:37 AM  

Wow, running for 25 minutes is an awesome achievement - well done you :)

Natasha October 2, 2013 at 10:24 AM  

Well done I have just about managed to reach 15 minutes a session so I know how hard it is :)

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Line!

Powered by Blogger.

Designed By Diamond Jenrette at Diamant Interactive Studio 2010. Template by OurBloggerTemplates