How Low Can You Go

Guess Who Is Back!

>> Monday, September 16, 2013

I am back!  I know you think that I have forgotten about you but I have not.  Most of you may know that I have moved to the United Arab Emirates to teach Science and that is where I am now.  You can follow that adventure at Black GirlIn Abu Dhabi.  I am still living in a hotel but at least it looks like I am going to be there for a few more weeks, so I have started to get into a routine and I am getting back to the gym.  Since I am living in a hotel you can only imaging the food that I am eating.  Terrible.  I am trying to get to the grocery store and buy a few fruits and healthier snacks to keep in the tiny hotel fridge so that Ican have a little something healthy to eat.
   There is a 10k and a half here in Al Ain (I live in a city an hour and a half outside of Abu Dhabi) in December and I would love to run the 10k (I do not think that I can train for a half in 3 months).  I am pretty sure that I am going to sign up for it.  Yesterday I did 20 minutes on the treadmill and 20 minutes on the elliptical.  I am going to attempt to run outside today for 25 minutes but I hope that the heat doesn’t get the best of me.  I get up at 5 am to go to my school because it is an hour and a half south, so there is no morning gym for me, but I am going to try and go right after school.  They also have Zumba in the hotel for less than 10$ a class once a week.  There is also a running group that I am looking into joining so that I can get back into that.
I have a bit more time at school to post so I will do that more often now.
Take Care!

5 comments:

Prof. D September 16, 2013 at 3:38 PM  

Glad to hear from you. We missed you here. Best wishes in the UAE. I heard AL Ain is a very beautiful place and just a stone throw from Dubai. Embrace the experience. I am sure you will get back in a routine soon. Take care.

Enyonam September 17, 2013 at 4:52 AM  

Welcome back! We missed you. Can't wait to hear more about your exercise adventures in a foreign land ;)

Brian September 23, 2013 at 5:04 AM  

Glad your back and the latest 2 posts are fab. I will read again in a min!

Tim September 29, 2013 at 2:45 PM  

Good luck there! Exciting times ahead :)

Tianna October 2, 2013 at 12:42 PM  

All the best with your endeavors

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Line!

Powered by Blogger.

Designed By Diamond Jenrette at Diamant Interactive Studio 2010. Template by OurBloggerTemplates