How Low Can You Go

On The Road Again

>> Tuesday, April 2, 2013

    Let me tell you a secret, I haven't been running.  I have a half marathon at the end of May and I hadn't hit the road since January, I thought about it a lot, but never actually put my feet on the pavement.  Then something happened last Thursday.  I was on Twitter (@MissHaneefa --> shameless plug) and a friend of mine that I used to run with at the Running Room was talking about going for a run on Good Friday.  She then invited me to come with her, after a lot of himming and hawing (is that even how you spell that?) I agreed to join her on a 6K run.
    The run was actually pretty good.  I was sweating like a mofo, but I was so happy that I was out and I was surprised that I wasn't as out of shape as I thought I was.
     You know that saying one good turn deserves another?  Well this was one good run deserves another.  I went out on Sunday and did a 11.6k run!  I am so proud of myself.  Along the way I had a few people beeping at me giving me waves and thumbs up.  I really felt like a million dollars.
      Today I am going to try and tackle some hills.

     I am thankful for my friend for getting me out.  We are going to continue the tradition and go for a run a Saturday, this week we are doing 14K.  Wish me luck!

5 comments:

Dawnya April 2, 2013 at 12:35 PM  

That's awesome!!! Super proud of you. I can relate. I have a 10 mile race on May 14th. I haven't trained at all. Needless to say it will be more of a walk, run, cry type situation.

Yum Yucky April 2, 2013 at 1:02 PM  

Say WHAT!? An 11.6k run!!! Seems to me you've been downplaying your awesomeness all this time. You gets the side-eye treatment. LOL! xo

Tim April 3, 2013 at 2:48 PM  

That's awesome! I need to step up my running once I recover from a torn leg muscle. You're still the person I think about who inspired me to pound the pavement. Keep it up!

Ro April 4, 2013 at 8:24 AM  

Way to friggin go…do you know how gahtdamn cool I would feel if someone was waving and thumbs upping me on my jog.
Now I gotta go run in these dangerous ass streets and try and get it to happen…lmao..although my jog is so horrid they will probably think I’m walking. Neveamind.
Great job...keep that momentum going sunshine!!

High Heels & Good Meals! April 4, 2013 at 2:07 PM  

Wow a half marathon! That's awesome! I'm doing a 5K this weekend called Color me Rad Run! It looks like so much fun. have you ever heard of it before? Apparently they have this run in most cities.

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Line!

Powered by Blogger.

Designed By Diamond Jenrette at Diamant Interactive Studio 2010. Template by OurBloggerTemplates