How Low Can You Go

Ready...Set...Go!

>> Tuesday, November 1, 2011

   
     Today I am going to begin my 30 day hot yoga challenge.  I am so excited, I am heading to a  moksha flow class tonight.  Moksha flow focuses more on breathing during the class.  Here is the excerpt from the website on the class:
Emphasis will be on the synergy between breath and movement to help you deepen your practice. This class is always moving.  It is great for upper body strengthening and improving cardiovascular health.
  I am really excited.  I am starting the challenge at 219, in 30 days I would like to be at 209 or lower.


I am also starting to train for another half marathon in February.  I am not sure if I am going to actually do the race in Feb., but I am definitely going to run the Ottawa half next May.  I really like the teacher than is leading the training clinic at the Running Room and I know that we are going to have a great time.  In other running news I am going to be running a 10K on Saturday.  I am hoping to beat my time from last winter of 1 hour and 8 minutes.  I have been training and I feel really confident about what I can do.  Nevertheless, it all depends on the day and since they are calling for snow here on Friday, the trail may be a bit slippery, which can be really dangerous.  Also since it is a trail run I know that here are a lot of roots sticking out of the ground and people have tripped on the roots in the past and gotten hurt, so I am really going to have to be careful.


I now challenge all of YOU to be active for the next 30 days!  It doesn't have to be yoga it can be anything, zumba, walking, whatever.  Also if you really can't for 30 consecutive days try to beat what you usually do.  If you exercise 3 times a week try to exercise 5 times for this month!  LET'S GO!


I love this quote from Arthur Ashe:


Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.



3 comments:

Anonymous,  November 1, 2011 at 12:44 PM  

I always wanted to try Hot Yoga....I have to try to find a class in my area!

Skinny&Fabulous November 3, 2011 at 4:01 PM  

A Challenge are a wonderful way to get a jump start on weight loss. That is how I got started my weight loss journey of 65lbs. I loved this so much I decided to become a health coach and start my own challenge. In the first challenge we lost 712 lbs! It was so much fun! See what some of my friends had to say.

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Line!

Powered by Blogger.

Designed By Diamond Jenrette at Diamant Interactive Studio 2010. Template by OurBloggerTemplates