How Low Can You Go

Answer

>> Thursday, March 31, 2011

     Thanks to all of you for your comments on my gym dilema.  I LOVE the gym.  Even before I started seriously trying to lose weight, I went to the gym.  Something about the gym atmosphere I love, all those people trying to get  in shape was motivating, the muscles , the sweat...  Also there was a time when so many people I knew went to the gym I went to, so it was also a social thing, there would be times that I would be at the gym for 5 hours, but would spend many of those hours talking and not too many actually exercising.  Nevertheless, it was fun times!

     Fast forward to last May, my gym announced that they would be cutting all group classes.  I was crushed, I loved Zumba and Spinning.  I felt like I had been dumped by a boyfriend I loved.  I like loved going to  classes when I was not in the mood to think about what muscles I wanted to work, I hate to work my abs and core, so classes allow me to work those areas.  I love the gym so much that  I would go everyday twice a day if I could, and I have; in the summer when I had time off.  Leaving my old gym was like losing a member of my family, I was there so much. 

    My muscles burning, lifting heavy weights are all sensations that I love. I feel so strong after a session at the gym.  I love lifting weights, I knwo some women are not a fan, but I can only speak praise for my iron compadres.

     There was too much drama at the studio I was attending.  I like to know that I have somewhere to go and there will not be too many changes.  Also if I did not make the classes I had no options to work out.  This made me sad.  The days that I would not work out became more and more every week.  Finally I looked at the choices in my area and all I could see was my 68$ option.

    I got a tour of the gym that I am looking at and it looks great.  They have over 70 classes a week, many in the morning as well in the evening.  They have an aerobics room, a yoga/pilates room and a spinning room, so many classes can be happeining at the same time.  The class areas are spacious to accomadate a large number of people at the same time. There are a variety of classes including, Zumba, weight classes, yoga and more. The equipment in the gym itself has resently been replaced and is brand new.  There is towel service, which is great for me because I always forget my towel.  The showers are immaculate and they have soap, shampoo and conditioner available if you want to shower at the gym.  There are also green apples at the front desk if you want a treat.  The woman that gave me the tour even called my yesterday to see how my experience was going to far.

     I know that 68$ a month is steep, but I really don't have any other options in my area.  I went for a trial on Tuesday and Wednesday and it feels so good to be back at the gym.  The crowd is really different than  my other gym (no black people :(  ), but hey  I guess I will just have to live with that.  I went to spinning class on Tuesday and it was great to be back.   All this to say that it looks like I am going to join. Honestly, if I were to eat out 3 times in a month I would spend that or more.  I will only be there until August, because I am looking into some big moves in the future, I will leave it at that because things are really in the baby stage right now, when I know more I will share with you.

     On the weight loss front, I feel great, but the scale it NOT MOVING!  In fact it is moving in the opposite direction.  I came back from Trinidad I was 209 (yeah), went up to 211 (I can deal with that) today I was 216 (what the f**k?).  The funny thing is so many people have asked me if I have lost more weight.  I go to the store and the clothes fit better than ever.  I just don't understand?!  I know that I have gained muscle, but come on now there is only so much muscle you can gain and not lose fat.  I am so confused.  All I can do is keep on trucking.

5 comments:

Anonymous,  March 31, 2011 at 10:24 AM  

Peace of mind is priceless. If you love the $68 gym and you can afford it...go for it. We have a free fitness center here at work and in the beginning it was great, now we have teachers that don't show up for class, people leaving wet towels everywhere, gum stuck on the workout machines, etc. So I'm looking into paying to go to a gym, sometimes it's worth spending the cash to get a service you like.

Erin March 31, 2011 at 11:53 AM  

I agree with Dee. If you enjoy going to the gym, then it's worth every cent!

Monique March 31, 2011 at 11:54 AM  

If the gym is what keeps you motivated to keep working out, I say charge the $68 to the game and get the membership. I too had the same battle about whether or not to get a membership and I'm glad I did. I'm there at least 3 days out the week and I'm more motivated.

Tim March 31, 2011 at 1:22 PM  

In the UK, if we join up at the gym itself then it costs a lot more than if we were to sign up to the same gym online.

Have you thought about seeing if that gym has a special online offer which might reduce the cost? Are you allowed to haggle the price down a bit?

Miesha Roshawn March 31, 2011 at 1:58 PM  

That damn stupid scale! Keep working on reshaping your body! When I hit a stall I focused more on my eating than my workouts, just a thought!

If you love the gym that much go for it!

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Line!

Powered by Blogger.

Designed By Diamond Jenrette at Diamant Interactive Studio 2010. Template by OurBloggerTemplates