How Low Can You Go

Finally, A Real Post PART 1

>> Saturday, January 1, 2011

    I am so sorry that I have been leaving these "baby" posts for the last week.  I was actually contemplating shutting down the blog this week, but decided that with the one year blogaversary coming up that would not be such a wise idea, things in my life are not going so well and I really just feel like being myself, this includes not sharing my blog worries.
    I have been reflecting about myself and with a new year here; what has happened to me, my weight lose journey and the blog in the last year.  I had started this blog with the original wish to get to 200 pounds by my 30th birthday last August.  When I started the blog I was 238, on my birthday I was 209, now I am 211, not bad, 27 pounds in a year.   When I started this blog, I was fed up.  August 2009, I was 221 by Jan. I was 238, I couldn't believe that I had let myself gain all that weight back.  I said to myself that I was not going to undo all of the hard work that I had done.  I am happy to say that I have ended this year with a weight debt, even if I did not reach my goal of 200 pounds.  I really want to be 175, and someone even said that I should be 150, but let us not get ahead of ourselves.  I live a healthy lifestyle 90% of the time.  I started running at the end of May and this May I am looking to run a Half Marathon, wow who would have thought.  I am stronger and I am in the best shape of my life...

Part 2 to come.....

3 comments:

Tim January 2, 2011 at 7:22 AM  

Wow, a year of blogging and losing weight in the process. You deserve so much praise because you have really done fantastically well.

Not only have you lost a lot of pounds but you are also doing brilliantly on your running. I still think you're totally crazy for running so much (this coming from someone who cannot run to save his life) but it's also very inspirational.

Good luck with 2011 and best of luck with the half marathon!

Maybe in 2012 you can run the marathon in the London Olympics hehe! :)

Shannie (akaSolidice242) January 2, 2011 at 8:07 AM  

Never mind the baby posts it was good to hear from you and know how you were doing.

You have done really well in the year! Of course we always wish we could do better but change doesn't happen overnight sometimes it doesn't happen in a year either.

Sometimes we have to take time just to enjoy ourselves and sometimes that equals weight gain (at least that is my case.) That doesn't mean that you have failed in any way though it just means that shit happens (my new phrase, I love forest)

Most importantly you became a runner! Do you know how impressive and inspirational that is? You are so dedicated that you run in 0degree weather!

Anyways I am running on (corny joke), good luck with the New Year! I really enjoy reading your blog!

Anonymous,  January 2, 2011 at 2:03 PM  

I know exactly how you feel. So please know you are not alone. I had thought about ending my blog this year too but if it wasn't for my blog family, I definitely would go off track more. Don't worry about posting alot, just make sure you take care of you first because your blogging buddies understand. You have been very inspirational to me and I always enjoy reading your blog. You have done such an excellent job with not only your weight loss but your running. Good luck to you girl in 2011 with al your goals!! :-)

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Line!

Powered by Blogger.

Designed By Diamond Jenrette at Diamant Interactive Studio 2010. Template by OurBloggerTemplates