How Low Can You Go

I Can Now Go Back To My Normal Life...I Think

>> Saturday, May 1, 2010

I saw a parent of a student that I used to teach.  She has not seen me in a few years.  She commented on how much weight I had lost and asked if I was planning on running a marathon.   Never thought about it, maybe one day....  Anyone that knows me, knows that I don't mind attention,  I am outgoing and shy is not a word that would be used to describe me.  But, when it comes to weight loss, I am very humble and sheepish about what I have accomplished, hence why I haven't told any of my friends about this blog.  It happens that one of them found it, I was a bit surprised, but then again, this IS the Internet. I felt bad because I really felt as if I was hiding something from them, but I wasn't.  How do you email your friends and say, " Hey, read this blog about me."  That is not my style and I apologize for "living a secret blog life". Now you know and are here to join me, welcome! Don't get me wrong, if anyone asks me about what I have done, I am more than happy to share any info with them, it's just that I like to keep that aspect of my life to myself.

      A few people at work could not stop talking about how much weight I had lost (maybe it was because I was wearing all black today). It really made me feel uncomfortable, what do you say to that?  It is not that I am ashamed or anything, it is just that still have a long way to go...I know that it is all about the journey, but I cannot wait to get there, I was thinking today that I have never really been any size smaller than a 14. Just thinking about it makes me excited.  I am going to be broke from all the clothes that I am going to buy. Oh well!  I really feel like I can do it.  This summer I am goin to work my ass off, so that when I go back to school in September, I will be the hottest MissHaneefa ever! 

     These last few days have been busy and I have not been eating well, skipping meals, eating alot of carbs (damn you yummy bagels *shaking fist to the sky*).  Friday, I had a fantastic weigh in for the Beach Challenge and it set a new low of 216.4!  But, because I have been so busy with work and tonight was the production that I have been working on, I ate ALOT of crap, a Snicker's bar was my dinner.  I have a feeling that I am going to pay for it in the morning.  The only good thing is I was I drank about 6 bottles of water today.  There is no use crying over spilt milk.  Tomorrow is another day and all I can do is try my best this week.  There are no real challenges that I can forsee until Mother`s day weekend.  I am going to hit gym really hard and maybe even do two workouts this weekend.   My prediction for tomorrow's weight in is 218, 217 would be really nice and would give a 2 pound loss, but I will take what I can get.

I cannot believe that it is ready May, Monday is the monthly weigh in and I am down since last month and that is a fantastic thing.

Talk to you in a few hours!

Thank you readers for being there for me and for reading, I know not everyone who reads writes a comment, so iIjust want to say I really appreciate you coming by and taking the time to read my ramblings.

3 comments:

LadyRoz May 1, 2010 at 5:30 AM  

the city i live in is in the top 5 of fattist in the nation. I told most of my friends and co workers about my bolg. but they are more interested in eating tacos.

your really strong that you can do this on your own without any moral support. I'm not that strong.

PhluffyPrincess May 1, 2010 at 1:42 PM  

Congrats on losing 10 lbs in April! That is so amazing. I really would like to lose 6 lbs in May. I don't know if I can do it. One thing - I have to give up my one cheat meal per week. I mean, I can have desert on my diet...so I think I need to just stick stick stick to it. I know what you mean - I don't even show my face on my blog, I don't mind letting people know I am trying to lose weight, but the deep inner feelings I have about the process???? I'm not sure that I'd like to share that with my real life friends. Wonder why that is.

I can't wait for you to get your new wardrobe this fall!

M May 1, 2010 at 6:06 PM  

I feel ya girl! I'm embarassed when I get compliments too!

Post a Comment

Drop Me A Line!

Powered by Blogger.

Designed By Diamond Jenrette at Diamant Interactive Studio 2010. Template by OurBloggerTemplates